Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Islamabad: Margalla Towers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Designed by: N/A
Construction Date: N/A
Completion Date: N/A
Developers: N/A
Contractors: N/A
Building Type: Residential
Height: N/A
Floors Above Ground: 10
Floors Under Ground: 2
Apartment Floors: 10
Parking Floors: 2

Render: N/A

Description:

One of the 5 towers collapsed on 8th October, 2005 when an earthquake of 7.6magnitude struck the city.

Pix:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pix Oct 2005

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Pictures of the Collapsed Margalla Tower - Taken one week after the collapse

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Residential Apartments to Be Built At Margalla Towers Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Islamabad: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has decided to build residential apartments at the site of Margalla Towers in the Federal Capital, it was learnt.

According to sources, the CDA Planning Wing has approved the building plan for construction of the residential apartments which will stand tall at 13 to 15 storeys and cover the 2.42 acre plot of Margalla Towers, it was revealed.

RANA AAA

RANA AAA

Deputy Chief Minister

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
CDA to build flats at Margalla Towers site

ISLAMABAD: The CDA has decided to construct 16-storey apartments on the site of Margalla Towers demolished in the deadly October 8, 2005, Earthquake.

Sources said the CDA would construct the new apartments in collaboration with the private sector and applications had been sought in this regard.

The decision was taken in a meeting presided over by Capital Development Authority Chairman Kamran Lashari. The meeting decided the civic body would provide land while the firm would bear construction expenditures.

The firm will also be bound to give revenue share to the CDA after selling the apartments.

The 16-storey new tower will cover an area of 2.4 acres to be completed in two years. The construction firm will responsible for demolishing the current damaged structure.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

CDA earns Rs4.2 billion from auction of five plots

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Mobarik A. Virk

Islamabad

The Capital Development Authority (CDA) on Monday finally disposed of the site of ‘Margalla Towers’, a complex of luxury flats in Markaz F-10, the only building in the federal capital which came crumbling down as a result of the devastating October 8, 2005 earthquake, through open auction.

Despite a serious slump in the real estate market prevailing all over the country, the auction by the CDA received quite an encouraging response from the investors as the two plots fetched a little over Rs2.3 billion to the civic body.

This was the second auction of selected commercial plots by the CDA over last 10 days. The CDA earned a total of around Rs4.3 billion through the auction of these five plots.

The best bid for the ‘Margalla Towers’ site plot, measuring 11,750 sq yards, was Rs115,000, amounting a total of Rs1,350.25 million. The other plot auctioned on Monday was the one located in Blue Area, measuring 4,608 sq yards. The Federal Government Employees Benevolent Fund (FGEBF) was the successful bidders for this plot offering Rs210,000 per sq yard. The total price calculated for this plot was Rs967.68 million.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Margalla Towers to be re-auctioned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After rejecting the highest bid of Rs 1.35 billion, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) in its board meeting has decided to re-auction the Margallah Towers, CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi told The Express Tribune.

According to reliable sources, CDA’s board in its meeting held here on Monday at CDA main directorate in G/7-2, approved the summery of 400 plots for widows of CDA employees. The Board also gave approval of NOC for Engineering Cooperative Housing Society in Zone 2.

The meeting decided to explore revenue resources for CDA which is undergoing a financial crisis, which included reviewing license fees, revising tax rates and discovering measures to make different projects of the civic body self-sustainable.

Sources said that a series of controversies unearthed during a day long discussion in CDA board meeting. They said that most of the time the role of Finance Directorate remained under discussion due to its “faulty economic policies”. The board expressed concern over CDA’s Director Revenue decision in relaxing tax criteria.

Member Finance Saeed-ur-Rehman tried to convince the board about viability of finance wing policies to overcome the financial crunch, which included municipal bonds scheme. He revealed that the authority suffered huge losses because it failed to review its contracts on time.

They said once again CDA Board has decided to review all the big and small projects being executed by the authority to examine the pros and cons of the agreements, formalities and legal aspects. Earlier, in a special meeting on 13th May, the board had observed that different issues had been highlighted during the recent proceedings at Supreme Court regarding different projects of the authority.

The board endorsed the idea to form a scrutiny committee headed by Member Finance and comprising of Member Planning and Design and Member Engineering to review all these projects, including those being executed in the Pothohari Arts and Craft Village.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Add: DEC 2012

CDA's add of Expression of Interest

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Ive already see they have started to demolish this building by part.

Daily Times

New tower to be erected in place of Margalla Towers

ISLAMABAD: A new tower would be erected in place of the collapsed Margalla Towers, in Sector F10 of the capital.

According to sources, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) had sold the plot for Rs 1.67 billion. Sources also said that the owner has asked the CDA for permission to demolish the edifice, in order to construct a new tower.

However, CDA Building Control Section Deputy Director Muhammad Ammad Idrees has made it clear in a letter to the CDA committee that the civic authority would not be responsible for any untoward incident in this regard.

It is pertinent to mention here that the Margalla Towers collapsed in an earthquake in 2005, claiming 72 lives and the CDA had taken possession of the plot by paying compensation money to the affectees and left the damaged building and debris as it was.

On the other hand, the CDA has allegedly delayed eviction of squatters from Sector I11 due to political pressure.

Sources said that the CDA administration has decided to allot alternate plots in Sector I11/2 to allottees of 487 plots, in Sector I11, occupied by slum dwellers.

The CDA had allotted 850 residential plots to employees of the civic body in 1990, however, the CDA has not been able to develop the sector yet.

National Assembly Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat has directed the CDA Planning Wing to develop 250 residential plots in Sector I11/2 in the first phase. The plots would be allotted to people who were allotted plots in Sector I11/1.

When contacted, CDA Estate Management Member Shaista Sohail said that the situation would be sorted out after negotiating with the allottees of the said sector. inp

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

New building in place of Margalla Tower

http://www.pakobserv...s.asp?id=199662

Monday, March 11, 2013 - IslamabadA new tower will be erected on the plot of Margalla Tower in Sector F-10 of the federal capital, which collapsed in earthquake in 2005.

According to sources, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) had sold the plot at Rs1.67 billion and now the owner has asked the CDA for permission to demolish the edifice to construct a new tower.

However, Deputy Director of Building Control Section of CDA, Muhammad Ammad Idrees has made it clear in a letter to the CDA committee that the civic authority would not be responsible of any untoward incident in this regard.

It is pertinent to mention here that Margalla Tower collapsed in an earthquake in 2005, claiming 72 lives and the CDA had taken possession of the plot by paying compensation money to the affectees and left the damaged building as it was.INP

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Demolishing Pix: APR 2013

Construction Photography by: Rana Atif Rehman

Demolition work has started off on the site since mid-April. As proposed above, they are going to build a new apartment project here. Once the demolition is completed and work is restarted off from the basements, we will make a new topic for it.

Islamabad%20-%20Margalla%20Tower%20-%20D

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Reconstruction at Ground Zero: Eighteen-storey complex to replace Margalla Towers

Reconstruction at Ground Zero: Eighteen-storey complex to replace Margalla Towers

614970-GroundZero-1381172953-652-640x480

ISLAMABAD:
A developer hopes to erase the nightmarish memories that the capital’s residents associate with the Margalla Towers by building a new complex at the site.

A private development firm, APCO, which on June 8, 2012 offered the highest bid of Rs1.65 billion for the Margalla Towers’ plot and its partially collapsed structure, is planning to erect an 18-storey multi-purpose tower named Park-One at the site. The firm owns residential projects including Park Avenue in Sector F-11 and Park Lane near Faizabad. Margalla Towers was the sole building in Islamabad that collapsed during the 2005 earthquake.
APCO Chief Executive Masud Abbasi, while talking to The Express Tribune, said construction would begin by the year’s end upon complete demolition of the leftover structure of the Margalla Towers. The project will be completed by June 2016, Abbasi added.
According to building’s proposed layout plan, which is yet to be approved by the Capital Development Authority (CDA), a mega tower with 18 stories will be constructed over 11,750 square yards.
“A commercial area will be established on the first three floors and will include shopping malls, multi-purpose halls and two cinemas,” Abbasi said, adding that the residential apartments would be constructed on the remaining floors.
The development firm is currently demolishing the collapsed Margalla Towers. “We have removed 700 tons of steel from the collapsed building. It shows how poorly the building was constructed. If you go by approved standards, then there should have been over 2,000 tons of steel for a building of that size,” said Abbasi. We also found that piled raft foundation that is used for such a high-rise residential building is missing at the collapsed structure, he said, adding that those responsible for such poor construction and those who approved the plan should be punished.
APCO Director Marketing Col (retd) Tahir Butt said a foreign construction firm would be hired to prepare the layout plan for the building and for supervising the construction. “The building will be designed to withstand an earthquake up to an 8.5 magnitude on the Richter scale,” Butt said, adding that an independent electric power unit would also be established to light the whole tower during times of electricity blackouts.
Earlier, CDA in March 2013 granted permission to APCO to demolish the leftover structure of Margalla Towers on condition that the contractor take responsibility for any untoward incident during demolition.
The total area that was to be demolished from the basement to the 10th floor of the devastated building was approximately 291,063 square feet. Owing to technicalities, six months were given to the firm for the demolition.
After a long battle in court, the affected owners of Margalla Towers were provided compensation by the authorities on the direction of the Supreme Court.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 8th, 2013.

If you look at the original photograph I took, express tribune has used our cropped image without giving us any credits! Shame!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users