Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Islamabad: Sector D-12

* * - - - 1 votes Sector D-12 Sector Zone 1 11th Avenue Khayaban-e-Margalla

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Urban Planning by: N/A
Architecture Designed by: CDA
Interior Designed by:N/A
Landscape Designed by: N/A
Consultants:N/A
3D Visualization by: N/A
Date of Commencement : N/A
Date of Completion :N/A
Developers: CDA/HBFC
Contractors: N/A
Engineers:N/A
Vendors:N/A
Marketed by:N/A
Estimated Cost:N/A
Real Estate Development Type: N/A
Land Use:N/A
Residential Area: N/A
Commercial Area: N/A
Public Building Area: N/A
Green Area: N/A
Graveyard Area: N/A
Total Area:N/A

Render: N/A
Master Plan:N/A
Coordinates:N/A
Google Image:

Islamabad%20-%20Sector%20D-12%20-%20Sate

Islamabad%20-%20Sector%20D-12%20-%20Sate

Location Map: Islamabad%20-%20Master%20Plan%20-%20D-12

Description:N/A

Edited by AreebaBinteChishti, 17 July 2014 - 01:08 AM.
format updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

ISLAMABAD: Development work in D-12 comes to a halt

ISLAMABAD: The development work in Sector D-12 has come to a halt, as the Capital Development Authority (CDA) has cancelled contract with the construction firm and decided to invite fresh tenders for development of the sector, sources said.

They said the firm was bound to complete development work in November 2006, but it could not meet deadline despite availing itself of one-time extension.

Earlier, the CDA chairman had directed the relevant directorate to give ownership rights to the allottees after completion of development projects.

Meanwhile, the firm held the CDA responsible for delay in completion of the project, saying it had failed in acquiring land for Service Road East and West. It said the CDA was unwilling to release extra funds for purchase of steel, as its rate had surged from Rs 15,000 per ton to Rs 75,000 per ton on the open market. online

http://www.dailytime...sp...008_pg11_6

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

Islamabad: D-12 Allottees to get possession next year

The Capital Development Authority (CDA) would be in a position to give possession of plots to the allottees of Sector D-12 on completion of development work by end of June, next year.

“More than 55% of development work in the sector has been completed and remaining will be done by June 30, 2008 which is the deadline given to the contractor,” Member Engineering Mian Moinuddin Kakakhel told a meeting held to review development of sectors in Islamabad. CDA Chairman Kamran Lashari chaired the meeting and it was also attended by other members and other concerned officials.

The Sector D-12 was one stalled sector in the federal capital, the land of which is still to be acquired totally for development work. The revised compensation package for affected people of Sector D-12 which was opened in 1989, was announced about three years back but the Land Directorate then could not acquire 272 kanals of land falling in two villages while another 200 leftover cases are still pending.

The Land Directorate about three months back, started acquisition of 272 kanals of land and in the first award for 186 kanals was started and so far nearly 120 houses and rooms have been demolished. In all 424 affected people are being allotted alternate plots in Sector I-14 as compensation for acquisition of 186 kanals of land on which, they had raised built-up properties.

The authority in the past attempted to start development work in Sector D-12 in July 2002 without consent of affected people but which resulted in loss of lives of two villagers in clash with police and police personnel.

But now the authority had amicably resolved acquisition of land in the sector.

Member Engineering informed the meeting that in the last few months, the work on development sector had been sped up.

The CDA sources said the separate contract would be awarded for portion of land, which was yet to be handed over to the contractor. “The contractor has been asked to complete development of land which has been given to him while for about 9% of land which has not been handed over by the Land Directorate, a new contract would be awarded,” the sources said.

The authority was also in a fix to construct a new 132 KV grid station for Sector D-12 or find an alternate solution like sharing electricity with some other grid station. The construction of new grid station would cost Rs350 million and it would take 18 months to complete.

The CDA, many years back had identified 32 kanals of land in Sector E-11 for setting up grid station for D-12.

The authority had already paid the required amount to Sui Northern Gas Limited to lay its network in the sector but on the physical was yet to start. The sources said the Islamabad Electric Supply Company (Iesco) had informed that it would start laying underground cables on completion of road network.

About development in Sector I-15, the officials of Planning Wing informed the meeting that the consultant hired for Sector I-15 would submit design of Service Road by December 5. On receiving design, the authority would start development work in middle of January
http://www.thenews.c...c_news.asp?id=6

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

Post: #1Islamabad:Rs 200m okayed for Sector D-12 affectees

FAZAL SHER
ISLAMABAD - The Capital Development Authority (CDA) on Wednesday approved Rs 200 million for land against Built Up Property (BUP) to compensate the affectees of Sector D-12.
The amount was approved in the CDA board meeting held here in the Authority headquarter, which was presided over by its acting Chairman Kamran Ali Qureshi and attended by all board members, said an official.
He said the issue of compensation of the Sector D-12 and some other sectors’ affectees was lingering on for the last 15 years, which not only causes hindrance in the development of new sectors but also creating accommodation problems in the federal Capital.
The official said that the meeting also approved the issuance of No Objection Certificates (NOCs) for installation of petrol pumps and CNG stations in the federal capital. He said the meeting resolved the lingering dispute between Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) administration and CDA over the NOC fee.
The board decided that both would get equal share 50 per cent each from NOCs fee.
He described that the Authority allotted five-acre land for holding of temporary Bakra Mandi at H-11/4 on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha. “The meeting also approved the procurement of 6 vehicles and appointment of 132 employees for the CDA’s Enforcement Directorate,” he added. The official said that the Authority would first allot AGRO farms to the affectees of underdeveloped sectors including D-12, I-14, I-15 and I-16 under rehabilitation policy 1996.
He said the meeting also approved that the Authority will allot plots to its those eligible employees who were lifted out from the allotment of plots in earliest balloting in which the CDA had allotted plots to its 2913 employees in sectors I-8, G-11, D-12, E-12 and I-11 according to the criteria drawn by the authority. The meeting approved the establishment of and proposed functions of treasury division.
APP adds: The sub-committee of the Senate Standing Committee on Interior will hold its first meeting on Thursday at Capital Development Authority’s head office to discuss delay on different underway development projects.
Convener of the sub-committee Senator Muhammad Talha Mehmood said CDA was earlier asked to provide details of the contracts awarded to different firms during last few years and the yard stick adopted for awarding such contracts.
http://www.nation.co...7/...lnews1.php

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

Contractor demands increase in project budget

By Fazal Sher

ISLAMABAD: Capital Development Authority (CDA) is unlikely to give possession of plots to the owners in D-12 Sector, as the contractor has stopped work owing to a steep rise in the prices of construction material.

“The contractor has completed only 60 percent of development work and a halt to the project would make it impossible for the authority to give the possession of plots to the owners by June 30,” a senior official of CDA confided to Daily Times on Tuesday.

The official said that the contractor was demanding an increase in the project cost due to high prices of building material including steel and cement. He said Kamran Lashari, the CDA chairman, had recently said that the owners of plots would get possessions by June 30. “But the current situation shows that the plots’ handover would be impossible by June 30,” he added.

D-12 Sector was launched in 2002 but the authority failed to starts development work till 2005. The sector spans 612 acres, out of which 260 acres has been reserved for 2,595 residential plots.

The official said that besides halt to development work in D-12, development work in I-14, I-15, I-16 and E-12 sectors was also hanging in the balance due to inefficiency of the authority’s relevant directorate. Though the authority has completed development work in G-13, it’s yet to connect it with gas, water and electricity mains.

The CDA officials said that suspension of development work in D-12 would exacerbate the problem of shortage of residential units in the capital. Owing to the housing problem, he said, people with monthly incomes of around Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 were finding it difficult to get a modest accommodation in the capital. The CDA needs to develop the already launched sectors before launching new sectors, he suggested.

Sector Development Director Hafiz Ehsan said that the authority had decided to increase the project cost and the contractor would complete the entire development work in December. He said the CDA board had decided in its last meeting to give relief to the contractor on purchase of three items: steel, cement and bitumen.

Guest_Skull-Buster_*

Guest_Skull-Buster_*
  • Guests
can anyone provide the latest development update on sector D-12? i have a plot there and i want to construct a house by the end of this year. is it possible to do so?

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
This sector is quite far away from my house, so it is very difficult for me to update on this one. Anyone else visiting the site must definately take pix to update us!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

Snagged development in D-12, I-15 and G-13 irks alllottees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISLAMABAD: The hiccups in development of residential sectors D-12, I-15 and G-13 are adding to the woes of the allottees -- thanks to the slow pace of work, lack of professionalism and the row between the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and the contractors.

Thousands of those low-income allottees, who have invested their hard-earned money, are being kept ignorant about the fate of their plots.

Sector D-12 was opened in 1989, but CDA's Land Directorate could not acquire 272 kanals of land, falling in two villages, while hundreds of other acquisition cases are still pending.

The Authority awarded the contract to M/s Ayub and Brothers in the year 2000 but work was initiated in 2005 due to some land disputes. The contractor suspended development work four months ago, demanding an upward revision of funds on account of a hike in prices of steel and other construction material.

However, CDA Director General Works Abdul Jabbar Malano said the issue has been resolved, offering a 117.5 percent increase above NIT rates. The terms and conditions of the revised contract would be finalized within a day or two, he added. He feared the ongoing monsoon season and upcoming month of Ramzan might also delay the project but hoped that development work will be completed by December this year.

The Authority has allocated 260 acres for residential purposes, 25 for educational, 61 for recreational and 47 acres for commercial purposes.

Work on Sector I-15 has also been facing problems for last three years. The project was to be completed in 2008, but more than half of the work has yet to be completed.

However, the director general CDA said that work has resumed, adding that it would take another one and a half years to complete.

The sector, once complete, will house some 14,000 families and have 8,000 condominium-styled housing units.

The CDA official said development work in Sector G-13 was in progress and the allottees have been given possession of the developed part. He said development of the sector would take another six months to complete.

He said after completion of development work in Sector I-16, the Authority has started handing over plots to the allottess.

RANA AAA

RANA AAA

Deputy Chief Minister

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
Work on D-12 restarts with 85pc raise in contract price

Musharaf Zahoor

ISLAMABAD: The construction of sector D-12 has been restarted by the same contractor after a delay of a year with the increased cost of 85 percent. CDA Chairman Tariq Mahmood inaugurated the 'restart of the work' here Friday. Talking on the occasion, he said the CDA would start giving possession of plots to the owners partially from March 30, adding June 30 had been set the deadline for the completion of work of D-12. "All the bottlenecks would be removed to continue the work speedily so that the possession of the plots can be started to the owners," he added. He said a meeting would be called next week with the managing director of Islamabad Electricity Supply Company (IESCO), officials of Sui Northern Gas Supply Company (SNGPL) to review the pace of work from their side. He said the land had been allocated for the construction of a grid station while the work on gas pipeline would be started soon. Tariq Mahmood directed the Environment Directorate to start the construction of a park in D-12/4 and a playground in D-12/1.The sector D-12 was announced 18 years ago but its construction was started in 2005. The contractor M/S Ayub Brothers completed 50% work while the remaining land was occupied by the locals and the CDA failed to evacuate it.

The contractor halted work in 2007 and demanded an increased in cost of the project. Now, the CDA had awarded the contract to the same contractor on 85 percent raise in cost.

Talking to The Post, M/S Ayub Brothers owner Samad Khan said the cost of material had led an increase in the contract price. However, he said still the company might have to bear a loss of Rs 50 million. When asked why the company accepted a contract which would cause you a loss, he said the company had very good repute and it could bear the loss only to save its credibility. A CDA official said though the CDA chairman had announced that work would be completed till June 30 but it was technically impossible as it would take approximately ten months to complete provided the work continued with full speed.

Guest_E18_*

Guest_E18_*
  • Guests

Development of capital’s D-12 likely to be delayed
* Allottees waiting for possession of plots for last two decades
* Contractor says work in full swing in all sub-sectors except D-12/2

ISLAMABAD: The development work of sector D-12 is likely to face another delay due to recent rains and some land acquisition issues, giving another blow to the allottees yearning to have their own shelter in the federal capital for last two decades.

The sector was opened in 1988 and the development work was started in 2003 but it was suspended following a clash between Islamabad police and the residents, also resulting some casualties.

The work was re-launched in January this year when Capital Development Authority (CDA) Chairman Tariq Mehmood Khan had assured that the possession of plots would be given by June this year, which now seems unlikely.

The contract was awarded to M/s Mohammed Ayub & Brothers against Rs 520 million, which was later escalated to Rs 900 million, what a CDA official said was done owing to excessive price hike of steel, construction material and labour cost. Mir Ahmed, the contractor told this news agency that the work was in full swing in all sub-sectors except D-12/2 where some land was yet to be acquired and the rains have turned the land into mud, hampering the construction work. Moreover, he said the CDA could not get possession of some pockets of land in sector D-12/2 and D-12/3 where the residents were resisting the contractor to do construction work.

Ahmed said work on sewerage, drainage was about to complete while the road work had also reached to the base level, adding that work on service roads of East and South would be started after the Authority gets possession of the land. The contractor also complained of the delayed payments by the CDA, which he said, slowed down the pace of work.

He said the possession of plots in three sub sectors was possible as per deadline of June 30, while it would take some more time to hand over plots in sector D-12/2. CDA Member Engineering Tahir Shamshad said the Authority was determined to give possession of two sub-sectors in June. He admitted that some impediments are yet to be removed in two sub-sectors that may put off the work for another three months. He said the authority was striving to seek amicable solution to the compensation issue that is time-taking process as some of the occupants are demanding the compensation more that the package announced by the civic body. app

Somebody must post the Latest Development pictures of D-12 sector ?????

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
We need input from the Real Estate Dealer also who could update us with the plot price of the area from time to time.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

CDA says Sector D-12 issue resolved, allotment letters being issued to G-14, I-16

* CDA chief says Sector D-12 issue resolved, allotment letters being issued to G-14, I-16 allottees

By Fazal Sher

ISLAMABAD: Elahi said that to incorporate the ideas of citizens in development projects and improve coordination with them, the authority had established sector citizen committees. He said under the Clean and Green Islamabad Project, the authority would plant 30 saplings in place of a tree removed during the execution of any development project. In addition, he said, work on a proper sanitary landfill would also be initiated shortly to counter pollution.
Elahi said that the authority would soon launch nine new residential sectors. The authority has also resolved the issue of the much-delayed development of Sector D-12 and allotment letters would soon be handed over to the allottees. He said possession was also being given to the allottees of Sectors I-14 and I-16 while tenders had been floated on the international market for bidding to develop Sector I-15.

http://dailytimes.co...ag...009_pg11_4

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

PM to open D-12 today

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani will formally inaugurate Sector D-12 today (Monday).

A ceremony in this connection would be held at Capital Development Authority (CDA) headquarters. On this occasion, Gilani will distribute possession letters among the allottees of the Sector.

According to CDA officials, the construction work of the sector has been completed. online

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

SECTOR D-12 21-year-long wait ends for allotees PM distributes possession letters

Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Mobarik A. Virk

Islamabad

Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Monday distributed the possession letters among the people who were allotted residential plots in Sector D-12, thus ending a long wait of almost 21 years and enabling the people to start construction of their homes.

The Sector D-12 was launched by the then prime minister, Benazir Bhutto, when Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) came into power after a long military rule in 1988, with an objective to provide residential plots to the low, lower-middle and middle-class people.

“It was the leader of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Shaheed Benazir Bhutto who launched this sector, and it is an honour for the PPP today that we are giving the possession letters to these allottees. This is no coincidence. Since we came into power the PPP government has focused on the projects and steps that aimed at people’s welfare,” the prime minister said.

He said that when the new Chairman of the authority, Imtiaz Inayat Elahi, took over the charge of the office I told him to remove all hurdles obstructing the completion of this sector and I am pleased that the CDA accepted this challenge and completed this task over a very short period of time, something that has now enabled these people to start construction of their homes.

“I have directed the CDA to pay full attention and come up with a clear strategy to first complete the already launched but still incomplete sectors in the federal capital on priority basis. At the same time we are aware that there is an ever-increasing demand for residential plots in the federal capital. To meet this demand it is essential to launch new sectors besides completing the already launched ones. This will also help stabilize the real estate market in the federal capital,” Prime Minister Gilani said.

The PM said that he also directed the CDA to expedite the work on providing natural gas, water, electricity and other amenities to facilitate these allottees construct their houses. He also appreciated the CDA for already carrying out an extensive tree plantation in this sector. However, he said that more and more trees should be planted in each street to make Islamabad green.

“Now, the next task I am setting for the CDA today is to resolve the issue of Sector E-12 and award possession of plots to the people in that sector on priority basis,” he said.

He said that there was a need to make the federal capital more beautiful and attractive to attract international investment and trade activities. “For this purpose we need to have more five-star hotels, avenues and roads of international standard, recreational spots and conference halls. We have to improve these facilities in accordance with the international standards to attract international investors and industrialists to Pakistan,” the prime minister said.

He also directed the CDA chairman to carry out extensive tree plantation campaigns to strengthen the character of the federal as a ‘Clean & Green’ city. He also lauded the steps taken by the CDA for using energy saver lights, installation of solar-powered streetlights and employing energy-efficient electrical systems at the Zero Point Interchange. These efforts will reduce the power consumption by as much as 40 per cent.

CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi, while speaking on the occasion, said that he has already directed all concerned to get focused on completing the development work in all halted sectors. He said that the focus was only at completing Sector D-12 but for the speedy development of ‘I-series’ sectors like I-11 and I-16 as well because these two sectors are meant for the lower and lower-middle class of the society.

“It was in line with your directions that we changed our priorities and focused on completing the work on the stalled sectors. We held frequent meetings with the local inhabitants to resolve those issues which were causing these delays and we successfully resolved those issues to move forward,” he said.

“You directed me to establish the culture of ‘good governance, merit and transparency’ in the authority and in light of this culture the CDA launched a number of highly cost-efficient project very successfully,” the CDA chairman said.

He said that the CDA was paying more attention identifying potential resources for regular income to the authority while cutting down unnecessary expenses at the same time.

He said that the establishment of ‘Sector Citizens’ Committees’, deployment of ‘Market Coordinators’ and certain other steps recently taken by the CDA have strengthened a close coordination between the residents of the city and the CDA.

He also said that the basic plan to launch the construction of structure for Pakistan’s first ever Proper Sanitary Landfill has been completed and is about to be launched. Similarly, he said a comprehensive plan to run Inter-Sector bus service has also been prepared which

will help general public. The CDA is about to start issuing possession letters to the allottees of Sectors I-14 and I-16 while land is being acquired for the expansion of Diplomatic Enclave, he said.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts

D-12 allottees get possession letters: PM orders crackdown on land grabbers in Capital

* CDA directed to ensure timely completion of ongoing projects, to upgrade katchi abadis, ensure smooth water supply to the city, launch a modern bus service and construct a zoo of international standards

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Monday directed Capital Development Authority (CDA) to get government land occupied by land mafia in the city vacated and ensure timely completion of ongoing development projects.
He issued these directions at the CDA headquarters during a ceremony in which plot possession letters were distributed to D-12 allottees 21 years after the sector’s opening.
The prime minister said the CDA should provide people with low-priced accommodation, which, he said, would help reduce skyrocketing real estate prices in the city.
He said Islamabad should be developed as a model city for being federal capital and a major commercial and tourism.
He urged the CDA to build five-star hotels, entertainment places and conference halls in the city to address needs of businessmen. He said builders should follow their structures’ layout approved by the civic agency. He warned any negligence or violation of rules could adversely affect the city’s beauty.
Gilani also ordered a crackdown on encroachers, who, he said, could create law and order situation. He directed the CDA to up-grade katchi abadis (slums), ensure smooth water supply to the city, launch a modern bus service, construct a zoo of international standard, and establish an Information Technology park and a Knowledge City.
He said citizens committee should be activated to highlight health, education and development issues for early redressal by the relevant authorities.
Earlier, CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi told participants of the function that development of stalled sectors was his top priority and that was evident from D-12’s development during last six months, reports APP.
He said the authority was currently identifying potential resources and promoting pubic-private partnership to discourage sale of land assets. He said unlike the past when major development work was carried out in posh sectors, the CDA was focusing on the development of sectors of neglected G and I series. He said 28 more parks would be established in G and I sectors.
Elahi said possession of land in I-14 and I-16 was in progress. He further said tender for international bidding had been floated for I-15 development under public-private partnership.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
Ive uploaded the latest google earth image (1st post). It shows the road network marked but Im not sure by now the roads are metalled or not.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
Development Pix MAR 2010

Infrastructure developed in most areas and some residential construction started.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
Development Pix MAR 2010

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Panoramic View of Sector D-12

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
Development Pix DEC 2010

Some house have been constructed but still the pace of development is very slow.

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,389 posts
Islamabad: Sector D-12

Development Pix: MAY 2013

Courtesy: UrbanPK.com

Islamabad%20-%20Sector%20D-12%20-%20Deve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sector D-12, Sector, Zone 1, 11th Avenue, Khayaban-e-Margalla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users