Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lahore: Mubarik Centre (Zayed Centre)

Mubarik Centre Ferozepur Road Hellmuth Obata & Kassabaum Taavun

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Khuree

Khuree

Zila Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
Designed by: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum (HOK)
Developers: Taavun
Contractors: N/A
Height: 60 Storeys
Shopping Floors: N/A
Appartment Floors:20-25 (3 Towers)
Office Floors: N/A
Parking Floors: N/A
Cost: $500 Million + (unconfirmed)
Completion Date: 2010

Description:
In addition to the main tower, Zayed Centre will have 3 residential apartment buildings of 20-25 floors each, professionally managed by Hyatt Residency; and one of the biggest and most exclusive shopping / entertainment complexes in the region.

The main tower will also host a 5-star Grand Hyatt Hotel, the largest reception(marriage)/conference halls in the country, plus offices for Multi-National Companies and Large Local Private and Public Corporates.

There will also be exclusive, high-end residential suites in the main tower, again managed by Hyatt Residency. Also, parking space will be provided for over 4,000 cars and Zayed Centre will be connected to the Gaddafi Stadium Sports Complex by a covered, over-head bridge.

The 'Project' is being carried out as a Joint Venture between the Abu Dhabi Group and the Government of Punjab. The two investors have formed a holding company for Zayed Centre called TA`AVUN (Pvt.) Ltd. which will be responsible for managing the project. Turner International (one of the largest construction companies in the US have been hired as contractors/builders; whereas HOK - a firm that designs buildings for Donald Trump, has been retained as Project Consultants & Architects).

The total cost of the project is not known as of yet. However, it is approximated at US$ 500 Million +.

Zayed Centre's main tower is expected to have
approximately 60 floors and will be visible from across the border in india.

Render:

Posted Image

Description:
LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi has approved the construction of a commercial centre, Shaikh Zayed Complex, on Ferozepur Road. The centre, consisting of a basement and three towers, will house a shopping mall, hotels, corporate offices and mini cinemas. Its construction will start next month.

The DHABI Group of United Arab Emirates will construct the tallest building in Pakistan over an area of 91 kanals at a cost of Rs 15 billion.

Chairing a meeting on Monday, the chief minister said that the centre would promote trade and recreational activities in the provincial metropolis and generate around 30,000 jobs.

The meeting was informed that the centre's banquet hall would have a seating capacity of around 5,000 and its four parking basements would have space for around 4,000 vehicles.

The chief minister said that the Punjab government and the DHABI Group would soon sign an agreement to form a company, named Taawan, to execute the project. He said that the company would have directors both from the Punjab government and the DHABI Group.

Elahi said that Shaikh Zayed Complex would play an important role in generating economic activity in the province and would improve the living standard of the people.

Bashir Tahir, the DHABI Group chief executive, Kamran Rasool, the Punjab chief secretary, Salman Siddique, finance secretary, Sibtain Fazal Haleem, communication and works secretary, and Pervaiz A Shahid, the Bank Alflah executive incharge, attended the meeting.

Tahir said that his group was launching several projects in telecommunication, banking and other industries in Pakistan. He said that Shaikh Zayed Complex would give an impetus to trade and business activities.

Edited by Tekno Arkitect, 25 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.
Info Edited!

Posted Image

Proud To Be A PAKISTANI

Suhaib

Suhaib

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Posted Image

Nauman

Nauman

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
When is construction expected to begin?

Suhaib

Suhaib

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
it has begun allready, but its not in full flow, currently the tower has not even launched so after its launches or ground breaking happens construction will go in to super full mode which will be in about a month or 2

Abdullah Hayat

Abdullah Hayat

Naib Zila Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
Salam,

Beautiful design. Don, is this the final layout? I hope they don't change it again. We need that get constructed asap. This is going to be a brilliant addition to Lahore.

Peace.

Suhaib

Suhaib

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
yep final design

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
I'm not satisfied with the design. Despite it huge size, the building doesnt contains elements that would further increase its proportional beauty neither does it seems to flow in accordance with the international design. The investors should have tried to develop something interesting over such a large area. Buildings at this scale should not represent purity of material ie the structure should not show that it is composed of glass concrete and metal but such a large mass should be moulded into a better volumetrically as well as spacially impact creating building. Comparitively i like the volumes and proportion of the Expo Centre Tower.

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Waqar

Waqar

Chief Minister

• Community Team
  • 3,266 posts
I'm quite happy with the design something diff looks cool to be honest guys..

Suhaib

Suhaib

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
yep, i love the design

Waqas

Waqas

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Fisher Marantz Stone (an architectural lighting designing firm) is working on the lighting on SZC.

Posted Image

http://fmsp.com/port_002.htm

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
The lighting better be something like cn on Burj Al Arab or like on most buildings in HongKong~!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Waqar

Waqar

Chief Minister

• Community Team
  • 3,266 posts
I love the light looks so cool man nice ...

Skyscraper_guy

Skyscraper_guy

Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
When it will be built it will definitely be the BEST looking building in Pakistan.

uzzy

uzzy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yh gotta say this project is mega n luks the business! Its gud 2 c Pakistan headin in the ryt direction after soooo long. I hope 2 see many more scrapers in pakistan. Hey n thnx 2 u guyz who keep the syt updated on a regular, keep up the gud wrk lads

uzzy

uzzy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Saalam bros,

Wots apinin wiv da scz project? Has it started yet? cn som1 plz post sum info. thnx

Jilawatan

Jilawatan

Dictator Sahib

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
Yes, they have started the project and they are working on the basement right now.

Nauman

Nauman

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I dont know what basement are you talking about webmaster, I passed the site a couple of times and apart from a couple crains (doing nothing) and a few trucks (doing nothing) there is just one big hole there. I passed the site at 12:30 PM at first and then 5PM and I see no work being done.

Jilawatan

Jilawatan

Dictator Sahib

• Members
  • 4,775 posts
They are working on the foundation aka basement in my book of definitions.

Why are we all paranoid anyway? It is underconstruction and that is what matters.

Nauman

Nauman

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

They are working on the foundation aka basement in my book of definitions.

Why are we all paranoid anyway? It is underconstruction and that is what matters.

Look I went onto the site and there was NO work going on, whats there to be paranoid about here?

Jilawatan

Jilawatan

Dictator Sahib

• Members
  • 4,775 posts
Well there was work going on when I was there!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mubarik Centre, Ferozepur Road, Hellmuth Obata & Kassabaum, Taavun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users