Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Islamabad: Defence Housing Authority (DHAI-2) - Phase II

* * * - - 1 votes Defence Housing Authority DHAI-2 Housing Development

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!

Urban Planning by: N/A
Architecture Designed by: N/A
Landscape Designed by: N/A
Consultants:N/A
3D Visualization by: N/A
Date of Commencement: late 1990's
Date of Completion: 2005
Developers: Defence Housing Authority
Contractors: N/A
Engineers:N/A
Vendors:N/A
Marketed by:N/A
Estimated Cost:N/A
Real Estate Development Type: N/A
Land Use:N/A
Residential Area: N/A
Commercial Area: N/A
Public Building Area: N/A
Green Area: N/A
Graveyard Area: N/A
Total Area:N/A

Render: N/A
Master Plan:
Islamabad%20-%20DHA%202%20-%20Map%20-%20

Coordinates: 33.556107, 73.182529
Google Image:N/A
Location Map:N/A
Description:N/A

Edited by AreebaBinteChishti, 08 August 2014 - 11:31 AM.
format updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
DHAI-Phase II

Construction Pix DEC 2010

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
DHAI-Phase II

Bangalow pix by Khadija Naz

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
DHAI-Phase II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
DHAI-Phase II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
DHAI-Phase II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts

Bangalow Pix: FEB 2012

Architectural Photography: Rana Atif Rehman

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts

Bangalow Pix: FEB 2012

Architectural Photography: Rana Atif Rehman

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
Islamabad: Gold Crest DHA

Pix 21 april updates of commercial area between gate 3 and 4 in DHA islamabad.

Courtesy: Waqas Ahmed

Posted Image

Posted Image

malpensa

malpensa

Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
wow those are some ugly houses.....lol

the best houses in islamabad are Emaar and some good ones in F7 F8

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,534 posts
Islamabad: Defence Residency

Add: JUN 2012

Posted Image

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
DHA Islamabad bank accounts seized

June 05, 2013
BUSINESS RECORDER

Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU) Islamabad has seized the bank accounts of Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Islamabad for non-payment of taxes, official sources said here on Tuesday. It has been reliably learnt that the LTU Islamabad has raised tax demand of Rs 558 million against the authority. After fulfilment of all legal formalities and procedures, LTU Islamabad has seized the bank accounts of the said authority.

Sources explained that the authority fell within the jurisdiction of the LTU Islamabad. The accounts have been seized for the past one week but the authority has yet not made any payment to the LTU Islamabad. Moreover, tax authorities were unable to recover substantial amount of revenue from the banks accounts of the authority. The tax authorities are seriously considering taking further enforcement action against the authority's officials for persistent non-compliance. Some other action by the LTU Islamabad is expected in coming days in this regard, official added.

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
DHA APPEARS TO BE IN TROUBLE

ISLAMABAD, July 19: Its bank accounts frozen by the Supreme Court for defying a court order, the mighty Defence Housing Authority Islamabad-Rawalpindi looks in big trouble.

A three-member bench of the court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, came heavily on the DHA commercial empire when it failed to deposit Rs22.29 billion with the registrar of the court by Friday, the staggering amount being tainted with a scandal involving the Employees Old Age Benefit Institute (EOBI), the DHA and the real estate developer Bahria Town.

Besides freezing DHA’s bank accounts, the bench stopped the DHA from opening a new account in any bank and asked it to submit details of its current bank accounts to the court during the course of the day, and its bank to report daily to the court registrar the amount it received from the DHA.

However, the bench allowed the DHA to move an application to the Supreme Court for an appropriate order if it agrees to deposit the asked Rs22.29 billion with the registrar.

EOBI was requested in January this year to take possession of the sold property. The DHA has complete title of the sold property and the rates offered to EOBI were quite competitive and had increased by about 30 per cent, said the DHA officials.

FIA’s Additional Director General Law Mohammad Azam Khan, on the other hand, told the Supreme Court bench that it transpired that the DHA Islamabad should not have sold the 321 kanals of land to EOBI because before the deal DHA had entered an agreement in June 2, 2008 with Messers Bahria Town and Messers Habib Rafiq to develop the same lands. The agreement also had a clause restricting further sale of the land to any party.

Under the agreement DHA had granted all rights to the Bahria Town of dealing with marketing, promoting and selling of the same lands. DHA had agreed that 70 per cent proceeds of the sale of these lands will go to the Bahria Town.

On the transfer of land to EOBI, for which DHA received Rs15.74 billion, the FIA investigations claimed that as per DHA rules the ownership of the properties will always rest with the DHA though the buyer (EOBI) will get only allotment letters, which the institute had received.

Though in possession of these lands, the FIA said, they had not been delivered to EOBI, neither the lands been fully developed so far when that should have been done within three months after signing of the sale agreement.

The FIA findings suggested that the procurement of these lands was not in accordance with the PPRA (Public Procurement Regulatory Authority) rules besides no advertisement was floated in the newspapers and no bids were invited, thus flouting the principle of transparency.

The FIA also alleged that certain local residents of the area have claimed that the land sold by the DHA to the EOBI was disputed to the extent that half of it belonged to the Capital Development Authority, which had acquired it from local farmers for building the Islamabad Highway.

But the highway project could not materialize because CDA and DHA entered into an agreement of land sharing according to which CDA had to receive developed plots from DHA in lieu of its land.
[b]Again DHA could not fulfill its obligations and the property remained in the possession of DHA. Part of this land, allegedly, is in 321 kanals, the FIA said.

The FIA has requested Nespak (National Engineering Services Pakistan Ltd) to constitute a team for evaluating the property, for which DHA also was ready. The FIA has also requested the SECP (Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan) to share DHA’s audit report.

Referring to the second deal, the FIA said the EOBI made the investment without prior approval of its Board of Trustees.

These directions followed the suo motu hearing by the bench of a corruption scandal in which the government-backed EOBI invested billions of rupees in suspect deals with the DHA, without the approval of its Board of Trustees.

Preliminary findings of a probe into the alleged scam by the Federal Investigation Agency suggest that the EOBI first purchased 321 kanals of land in the DHA Islamabad on January 19, 2012 for Rs15.473 billion and then, on March 15, 2013, signed a second deal with the DHA to buy 23 commercial and 12 residential plots, 162 three-bedroom and 29 five-bedroom villas in Sector F, Phase-I DHA Rawalpindi.

Secretary EOBI Munir Qureshi informed the court during the proceedings that the institute had requested the FIA to put the names of the members of its Board of Trustees, who authorised the deals, on the Exit Control List.

In the strictures it passed on Friday, the Supreme Court bench asked the FIA to continue its probe “strictly in accordance with the law” and asked the bank dealing with DHA accounts to report to the court registrar daily the amounts it received from the DHA.

Reacting to the Supreme Court orders, DHA officials explained that the sale agreements were concluded after negotiations, and with mutual consent, between the DHA and the EOBI. The entire land in question lay along the DHA Expressway and had been transferred/mutated in the name of the DHA and allotment letters of sold property also been issued to EOBI as per procedure/DHA rules. The allotment letters can be leased or mortgaged.

The DHA officials said the amount received from the EOBI was spent on purchase and development of the land, a fact which they claimed the FIA teams acknowledged when they visited the site on July 15.

EOBI was requested in January this year to take possession of the sold property. The DHA has complete title of the sold property and the rates offered to EOBI were quite competitive and had increased by about 30 per cent, said the DHA officials.

FIA’s Additional Director General Law Mohammad Azam Khan, on the other hand, told the Supreme Court bench that it transpired that the DHA Islamabad should not have sold the 321 kanals of land to EOBI because before the deal DHA had entered an agreement in June 2, 2008 with Messers Bahria Town and Messers Habib Rafiq to develop the same lands. The agreement also had a clause restricting further sale of the land to any party.

Under the agreement DHA had granted all rights to the Bahria Town of dealing with marketing, promoting and selling of the same lands. DHA had agreed that 70 per cent proceeds of the sale of these lands will go to the Bahria Town.

On the transfer of land to EOBI, for which DHA received Rs15.74 billion, the FIA investigations claimed that as per DHA rules the ownership of the properties will always rest with the DHA though the buyer (EOBI) will get only allotment letters, which the institute had received.

Though in possession of these lands, the FIA said, they had not been delivered to EOBI, neither the lands been fully developed so far when that should have been done within three months after signing of the sale agreement.

The FIA findings suggested that the procurement of these lands was not in accordance with the PPRA (Public Procurement Regulatory Authority) rules besides no advertisement was floated in the newspapers and no bids were invited, thus flouting the principle of transparency.

The FIA also alleged that certain local residents of the area have claimed that the land sold by the DHA to the EOBI was disputed to the extent that half of it belonged to the Capital Development Authority, which had acquired it from local farmers for building the Islamabad Highway.

But the highway project could not materialize because CDA and DHA entered into an agreement of land sharing according to which CDA had to receive developed plots from DHA in lieu of its land.

Again DHA could not fulfill its obligations and the property remained in the possession of DHA. Part of this land, allegedly, is in 321 kanals, the FIA said.

The FIA has requested Nespak (National Engineering Services Pakistan Ltd) to constitute a team for evaluating the property, for which DHA also was ready. The FIA has also requested the SECP (Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan) to share DHA’s audit report.

Referring to the second deal, the FIA said the EOBI made the investment without prior approval of its Board of Trustees.

Dawn.com 19/07/2013

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

ISLAMABAD, July 22: While the Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) is being taken to task in the Supreme Court, it seems as if no one has noticed the rules violated by the CDA while making a deal with the Defence Housing Authority (DHA).

CDA’s role in this latest scandal has also come to light as the court picked up the issue. But the civic agency, it seems, was aware of its weak position and tried to cover its tracks.

It held meetings and wrote letters to show that it had made efforts for the retrieval of its lost land from the DHA and even warned the latter of legal actions.

It is important to note that the land measuring 321.3 kanals, which the DHA sold to the EOBI for Rs15.74 billion, was parceled out from the 868 kanals that were partly owned by the CDA and Commoners Town (CT), a private housing society.

This CDA and CT land was acquired by the DHA in 2008 after signing agreements with both.And by this year, the CDA was trying to push the issue with the DHA - if the civic authority’s records are to be believed.

On May 16, shortly after the May 11 elections, the CDA member estate asked the DHA to provide the layout plans and arrange physical inspection of the developed plots promised to the CDA in exchange for the land it (DHA) had taken six years back.

On July 5, CDA Director Estate Management-I Mohammad Latif Abid wrote to Brigadier Saadullah Fatimi, the administrator of DHA, that “the developed plots (as per agreement) be handed over… to CDA, failing which CDA shall have to review the alternate options.”

In 2008, the DHA offered CDA 729 developed plots in its extension project in exchange for the land.

The CDA immediately handed over 2,412 kanals to the DHA but six years later it is still waiting for the allotment letters and layout plans from the DHA. Not a single plot has been handed over to the CDA.

The letter by the CDA director estate management was written two days after a meeting held by CDA Member Estate Shaista Sohail which was also attended by secretary DHA Col (retired) Ijaz.The agenda of the meeting was to review “the inordinate/inexplicable delay on part of DHA… in defiance of the agreement between CDA and DHA.”

It is not difficult to guess the atmosphere of the meeting as the minutes record that, “Member (Estate) CDA opened the session with a very serious view that DHA’s non-implementation of the signed agreement is an unacceptable violation of the agreement.

“She underscored that the DHA committed 729 plots… in lieu of the land. However, the agreement has been violated for the last six years by DHA.”

The member (estate), according to the minutes of the July 3 meeting, also warned the DHA that “… failing (a prompt reply from DHA) CDA shall review the alternate options which may extend to the cancellation of the agreement and/or filing of a writ petition with the court of law for non-conforming to… the agreement.”

But more serious is the fact that legal experts find the CDA-DHA agreement illegal.

Mohammad Ramzan Chaudhry, member Pakistan Bar Council and a former legal adviser to the CDA, is one such lawyer. He said the Supreme Court in its judgment on the E-11 northern strip case had declared that the CDA, being a development authority, cannot assign its role to any other organisation.

The CDA Board in 2009 had approved the development of the northern strip on a joint venture basis with MPCHS (Multi-Purpose Cooperative Housing Society). This agreement was declared null and void by the SC.

The court in its judgment said, “The CDA, which is a statutory body established by law, is mandated not only to make arrangements for the planning and development of the capital city but is also authorised/compelled to perform functions of a municipal committee.”

Chaudhry quoted the judgment and added that “Under the Islamabad Land Disposal Regulations 2005, the authority cannot give its land to any developers.”

According to him, the agreement with the DHA was even worse than the Joint Venture (JV) deal between the CDA and the MPCHS.

He disclosed that the CDA had handed over 2,412 kanals to the DHA under its land-sharing formula. However, the lawyer pointed out that the formula had been introduced for acquiring land from villagers for the development of sectors.

In other words, this formula was introduced to allow the CDA to buy land when it was short of cash. It would promise the landowners a developed plot in exchange for the land.

Chaudhry added: “In this case, the CDA took over the role of a landowner and gave its land to the DHA in exchange for developed plots later.”

CDA Member Estate Shaista Sohail could not be contacted for comments despite repeated attempts while Asiya Gul, a CDA spokesman, expressed ignorance about the matter.

When contacted for comments, a spokesman for the ISPR promised to get back but did not so till the filing of this story.

Secretary DHA Col (retired) Ijaz, however, according to the minutes of July 3 meeting with the CDA Member Estate, “admitted the delay and had no cogent reasons to defend the delay. He gave no firm time lines except expressing the hope that the matter shall be formally responded to by the DHA shortly.

Dawn 23/07/2013

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Defence Housing Authority, DHAI-2, Housing Development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users