Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rawalpindi: Fawara Chowk Parking Plaza

NESPAK Parking Plaza Liaquat Road Fawara Chowk Raja Bazaar RDA Mid-Rise Building

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

RANA AAA

RANA AAA

Deputy Chief Minister

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Architecture Designed by: [NESPAK]
Interior Designed by: N/A
Landscape Designed by: N/A
Consultants: N/A
3D Visualization by: N/A
Architectural Photographer: N/A
Construction Date: Feb 2010
Completion Date: 31st Jan 2012
Developers : Rawalpindi Development Authority (R.D.A.)
Contractors : N/A
Engineers: N/A
Vendors: N/A
Marketed by: N/A
Estimated Cost:
Building Style
Building Type:  Transportation
Building Usage: Parking Plaza
No. of Blocks: N/A
Site Area:
Plot Size:
Covered Area: N/A
Height: +70'-0"
Floors Above Ground: 6
Floors Under Ground: 1
Parking Floors:7
Location: fawara Chowk Parking Plaza, Liaquat Road, Fawara Chowk, Raja Bazaar, Rawalpindi, Punjab

Render

Rawalpindi%20-%20Fawara%20Chowk%20Parkin

Description:  Capacity of 400 vehicle parking

Site Plan: N/A
Coordinates: N/A
Google Image:

Rawalpindi%20-%20Fawara%20Chowk%20Parkin

Floor Plan: N/A
Model: N/A

Edited by Mehdi Chohan, 26 June 2014 - 02:17 AM.
Format Updated!

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Consultant asked to complete design (of car parking plaza)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) has directed consultant M/s NESPAK to complete designing and study work of the RDA Parking Plaza at Raja Bazaar by the end of March, next year.

The Punjab government has already approved this project, said Shuja Ali, Director Land Development and Estate Planning Directorate here Tuesday.

He said work on it would commence immediately after the completion of designing and study work.

Initially work on phase-I of the project would be launched under which three-storey parking plaza would be constructed at the site of Suzuki Stand in Raja Bazaar. The RDA has already allocated Rs90 million for work on phase-I, he said. The overall cost of the project is Rs360 million. The remaining work of additional two storeys would be completed in phase-II, he said.

Replying to a question, Shuja said that in all over 500 vehicles are parked at different sites of Raja Bazaar.

The plaza in phase-I would be able to accommodate 300 vehicles for parking.

The present Suzuki stand would be shifted to the site of old building of Rawalpindi Municipal Corporation, he said.

To a question, why the old building of RMC is not being utilized for parking purposes at the moment, he said this is not possible as it is the property of Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA) and the Rawal Town authorities are resisting such moves.

The land development director agreed to a question that the conversion of old RMC building into parking lot could have saved good revenue of RDA. With the completion of the phase-I of the parking plaza, the Suzuki stand would be re-shifted to its basement, he said.

http://thenews.com.p...l.asp?id=153608

Net Surfer

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Thanks for sharing the info. Good search work! :D

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Here is the re-post.

Attached Files

• Attached File  c42.gif   36.9KB   0 downloads

Net Surfer

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Delay in construction work perturbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People going to Raja Bazaar for shopping face problems as the city district government has failed to start construction work on a parking plaza near Fawara Chowk even after the passage of three years.

The five-storey parking plaza project near Fawara Chowk was planned in 2007. The city district government had claimed that the project would be completed soon, but unfortunately work on it could not be started.

Rawalpindi Division Commissioner Captain ® Zahid Saeed admitted the delay in construction work on the parking plaza. He told ‘The News’ here on Thursday that this time they have allocated an amount of Rs80 million to start work on the project. He said that the parking plaza would have five storeys, including a wide basement, where more than 1,000 vehicles could be parked at a time.

He said that he had held meetings with the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) director general to know the present status of the parking plaza project. According to him, the RDA officials said that they have Rs80 million to start work on the project. “They assured me that work on the parking plaza would start soon,” he said.

There is acute shortage of parking spaces around markets and shopping centres in Rawalpindi. Due to this reason, motorists and pedestrians are facing great difficulties. Some markets and shopping centres have parking spaces for motorists along roads, which create traffic jams.

Private contractors run these parking spaces along roads and charge Rs10-15 per car as parking fee, which is illegal. Not only motorists and pedestrians, but shopkeepers also face great difficulties due to non-availability of parking spaces in the city.

The city district government had chosen the Fawara Chowk Suzuki pickup stand for building a parking plaza. The stand has already been shifted to an alternative space near Gordon College.

In a survey conducted by ‘The News,’ motorists, pedestrians and shopkeepers complained that they were facing great difficulties due to shortage of parking spaces in the city. According to motorists, they have no option but to park their vehicles along roads, on footpaths or in front of shops.

Muhammad Arsalan Abbasi, a motorist, told ‘The News’ that he avoids visiting Raja Bazaar due to shortage of parking space.

Naila Ahsan, a buyer in Bara Bazaar, said that many a time she returned home without shopping because she could not find any space for parking her car.

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
From Newspaper.

Attached Files

Net Surfer

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Workers fencing the site of Parking Plaza with iron sheets.

Attached Files

Net Surfer

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Construction work on parking lot finally starts

The work on construction of parking lot has finally been initiated by the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) at main Raja Bazaar Chowk, which include five-storey building for ending traffic jams.

According to the sources, the RDA that had allocated Rs10 million in the fiscal year 2009-2010 for the project has now earmarked Rs12 million in the upcoming budget for the year 2010-2011.

The sources told that the last year amount allocated for the scheme was distributed among the concerned departments for shifting of services like Wapda, PTCL and Sui Northern Gas Pipelines and the work on it has been completed. Similarly, the Suzuki pick-up stand was shifted to other places near Jinnah Road for evacuation to start work on the project. Now all the homework has been completed.

RDA has initiated the work on the parking project and the site has been covered with sheets to prevent encroachments over there. The consultant who was awarded the work of the study and designing has also submitted report and the work on the scheme has started. The ongoing project is divided into two phases. Initially the RDA had decided to implement the scheme by constructing parking lots and shopping centres to generate revenue. However, according to the new plan, alterations in the project have been made.

The RDA has now decided only to build five-storey parking lots with the objective of resolving traffic suspensions occurring in Raja Bazaar, Jinnah Road, Liaquat Road and the road leading to Ratta Amral and old Novelty Cinema Chowk. Now the plan would be completed in two phases. In the first phase, RDA would construct basement and one-storey building for parking of vehicles. With the completion of the first phase of the scheme, space for parking of over 500 vehicles would be sufficient. No vehicle would then be allowed to park on roadsides after completion of the project, the sources said.

The RDA’s director general confirmed the report that an amount of Rs12 million has been allocated in the next budget for executing the work on the project that has already been started. The RDA itself is funding the project.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Parking plaza construction halts just after kicking off

The construction work of the first ever parking plaza in the city was halted just after it kicked off on Thursday morning due to protest by owners of hotels located on one side of the parking plaza site. High-ups of Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) reached the site but the matter could not be resolved.

RDA had awarded the contract to a firm named Amanat and Company to construct a four-storied parking plaza at Fowara Chowk. After the issuance of the work order, the boundary lines of the plaza were built and all the necessary preparations were made to start construction work. However, on Thursday, when the Supervisor, along with his laborers, reached the site to initiate the project, the owners and workers of almost six nearby hotels forced them to stop the construction work.

The hotel owners claimed that the land belonged to them and any construction there by the RDA was illegal. The Project Supervisor, on behalf of contractors, tried to negotiate with the agitating people but they refused to listen to him.

On this RDA Director General Makeen Shahbaz along with other officers reached the project site to control the situation. The hotel owners were carrying a map drafted in 1953 according to which the proposed site of the project was mentioned as the parking of their hotels. The RDA head took plea that non-operational Rawalpindi Improvement Trust (RIT) acquired the land on 100 years lease from Rawalpindi Municipal Corporation in 1969. Later, RIT was transformed into RDA. As the lease period was not over, all the property formerly possessed by the trust now belongs to the authority, he said.

However, the RDA DG offered them 13 feet land although, according to official record, only five feet land belonged to them. But the hotel owners demanded no less than 20 feet land. On this the talks stalled and construction work of the project was halted till the resolution of the dispute.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Parking plaza at Fowara Chowk still a dream

The construction of much needed parking plaza at Fowara Chowk in Rawalpindi is still a dream as the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RAD) could not complete the project so far.

The parking plaza, an initiative of the Punjab government to address parking problems at the commercial hub of the city was handed over to RDA and NESPAK prepared the project feasibility report and the PC-1.

Spreading over 4.5 kanals of land, the parking plaza will have five storey and a basement and will be located in the heart of the city on the crossing of Liaquat and Jinnah roads near Fowara Chowk where currently a van station exists.

The RDA has already released Rs.80 million to launch work on the first phase of the project having a capacity of parking 500 vehicles. The first phase will cost Rs 190 million in which basement and two storey of the plaza with parking capacity of 250 to 300 vehicles would be completed.

After the issuance of the work order, the boundary lines of the plaza were built and all the necessary preparations were made to start construction work. Although to further mitigate parking problems in the city, the Chief Minister Punjab, Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif has accorded approval of construction of another two multi-storey parking plazas in Commercial market, Satellite town at cost of Rs.668.927 million and Sherpao colony at cost of Rs.148 million.

But, a number of people believed that construction of new parking plaza would be a mere dream until the construction of Fowara Chowk parking plaza is completed.

Welcoming the initiative of the Punjab government, Mazhar Abbass, a resident said with the construction of the multi-storey parking plaza, people visiting Bara Market, Raja Bazaar, Sabzi Mandi, Sarafa Bazaar, Moti Bazaar, Trunk Bazaar, Narankari Bazaar and other nearby bazaars could easily park their vehicles. He demanded of the concerned authorities to expedite the construction work to build the parking plaza as early as possible.

As this is a mega project but due to the non-interest of the concerned department, its construction is being delayed causing a huge loss to national kitty, Tariq Jameel, a motorist said.

Some commuters said that delay in construction of parking plaza has made their life very difficult. A commuter said that Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) should speed up the project and it should be completed within stipulated time of period.

When contacted to comment on the delay in construction work, the Director General, RDA was not available to share causes of the delay in completion of the project.

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I think this news is about a year old because the construction work is on 3rd floor now.
Net Surfer

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Construction Pix MAR 2011

Posted Image

Construction Pix MAY 2011

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

CM to inaugurate parking plaza

Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif is expected to inaugurate the Parking Plaza at Fowara Chowk, Raja Bazaar to mitigate the suffering of the people, Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) Director Engineering Akram Suband said here on Friday.

Talking to APP, he said that 95 % construction work of the plaza has been completed and the finishing and beautification work is in progress.

It was a mega project Punjab Government has allocated worth Rs 180 million for the construction of the plaza, spreading over 4.5 kanals of land, the parking plaza will have five storeys and a basement and will be located in the heart of the city on the crossing of Liaquat and Jinnah roads near Fowara chowk, he added.

The parking plaza, an initiative of the Punjab government to address parking problems at the commercial hub of the city was handed over to RDA and NESPAK which prepared the project feasibility report and the PC-1.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
I passed by the site in DEC 2011, and the project seemed to be completed. Ive been told that the project is yet to be inaugurated as it is now having a clash with the on-street parking tender that the local government authority has given right infront of the parking plaza. The tenderer are not allowing parking inside the plaza. Its a planning and adminstrative mess that happens in our cities that result to such ridicule!

KMMalik

KMMalik

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Yes you are right; the RDA and City District Government are fighting over Suzuki Stand, advertisement display panels and canteen like matters.
Net Surfer

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Parking Plaza at Fawara Chowk made operational

Finally the Parking Plaza constructed by the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) at main Fawara Chowk has been made operational for parking of vehicles.

Work on this mega project was initiated last year and it was to be completed by the end of the fiscal year June 2011. However, due to some reasons including non-availability of funds, the completion process was extended till December last. The RDA had also awarded the contract to the private party after clearing all dues. However, the project which was to be inaugurated by the Punjab Chief Minister, Mian Shahbaz Sharif, on February 4 this year, on the great demand of the public has been made operational for all kind of vehicles.

While launching the operation of Parking Plaza, RDA also shifted back the Suzuki stands on this site. The basement has been spared for transporters to park their vehicles like, yellow cabs, coasters and Suzuki Pick-ups plying on different routes in the city. While vehicles like cars would be accommodated on ground and first floor.

While generating revenue worth Rs15 million annually through it, RDA would start working on implementation of second phase, which include construction of additional four storeys. Initially, the components of the project included construction of shopping centre besides the parking lot. However, the planned had to be changed with the passage of time due to reasons better known to the authorities themselves. Before enforcing this plan, RDA had decided to convert old site of RMC, Jinnah Road, into parking lot which was opposed by the Tehsil Municipal Corporation, Rawal Town, on the grounds that the property belonged to it.

The main objective behind implementation of RDA Parking Plaza was to resolve traffic jams on Liaquat Road, Jinnah Road and at Fawara Chowk.

According to the RDA spokesman, as the project has started functioning, no one would be allowed to park vehicle on roadsides at Liaquat Road, Jinnah Road or Raja Bazaar. As many as 400 vehicles could be parked at one time in the space of new Parking Plaza which is an achievement of RDA which completed it through its self generated funds, the spokesman added.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Rawalpindi: Fawara Chowk Parking Plaza

Pix: JAN 2012

I failed to understand the architectural vocabulary that has been generated through design. How is this buildings adding up itself in the current urban fabric? NESPAK has done some wonderful projects? How do you guys rate this one?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NESPAK, Parking Plaza, Liaquat Road, Fawara Chowk, Raja Bazaar, RDA, Mid-Rise Building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users