Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rawalpindi: Metro Bus Service (MBS)

Metro Bus Service MBS Punjab Metrobus Authority

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,392 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Designed by: N/A
Consultants: N/A
3D Visualization by: N/A
Contractors: N/A
Engineers: N/A
Vendors: N/A
Infrastructure Type: Transportation
Construction Date: Nil
Completion Date: Nil
Client: Punjab Metrobus Authority
Estimated Cost: N/A
Length: 24 km
Lanes: 1+1 Main Lanes, 0+0 Service Lanes
Area:

Render: N/A
Description: This thread is about the overall project of "Metro Bus Service" to be started in Rawalpindi in near future.

Site Plan: N/A
Google Image: N/A

Edited by Tekno Arkitect, 28 June 2014 - 02:26 PM.
Info Updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

Turkey offers help in launching metro bus services in other cities
Muhammad Saleh Zaafir
Monday, February 11, 2013

http://www.thenews.c...in-other-cities

ISLAMABAD: Turkey has offered assistance and investment in running metro bus service in any other city of Pakistan, including Karachi.In a brief chat with The News, the Turkish ambassador Mustafa Babar Hizlan said that Turkey is prepared to help Pakistan in its efforts to improve its transportation system further.

To a query he said that Turkey is willing to extend similar cooperation for introduction of metro bus service project for Karachi and even for other cities of Pakistan. While drawing parallel with the metro bus service already running in Istanbul, the envoy said that it runs on more than 50-km-long route and it is further expanding just like the system in Lahore that too will be expanded.

Saudi ambassador Dr Abdul Aziz Ibrahim Saleh Al-Ghadeer, who also attended the Lahore metro bus service inauguration, appreciated the inaugural ceremony and service. He returned to federal capital late Sunday evening. To a query, the ambassador made it clear he had no plan to meet President Zardari in Lahore and made it clear that he had gone to Lahore for attending the metro bus service inauguration. The Saudi envoy brushed aside the impression that he has been playing any role in defusing the tension between the political parties of Pakistan.

The Saudi ambassador said that other big cities, including Karachi, should also have the metro bus service. He said Riyadh also has metro bus service and like Lahore it is also being run on most sophisticated lines with the collaboration of some foreign companies.

The Riyadh bus service is also being expanded. He said that the holy places are also being connected through metro train service in the Kingdom. He said he couldn’t offer any comment about the possibility of Saudi investment in such project but Saudi Arabia is prepared to do whatever is possible for the good of Pakistan.

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

CM announces Metro Bus Service for twin cities

Khalid Iqbal
Monday, February 25, 2013

http://www.thenews.c...ervice-for-twin

Islamabad

Punjab Chief Minister Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif announced that ‘Metro Bus Service’ will also be started in twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. He made this announcement on Sunday while inaugurating work on 16-kilometre long Sihala Road, from GT Road to Ari Syedan.

The project that would be completed at a cost of Rs445 million is likely to be completed by June 30, 2013.

Shahbaz Sharif also lashed out at President Asif Ali Zardari and claimed that he had only ruined the national economy with corruption of billions and trillions of rupees during the past five years. He also blamed that Zardari only wasted the time of public during last five years.

PML-N Malik Shakil Awan, Malik Ibrar, Anjum Aqeel, Senator Zafar Ali Shah, Senator Najma Hameed, Tahira Orangzeb, Ziaullah Shah, Shaharyar Riaz, Malik Iftikhar and all the Rawalpindi management was present on the occasion.

He said the PML-N government had served the masses with honesty and commitment during the past four and a half years, promoting a corruption-free culture in the province.

He said he was ready to face any punishment if corruption of even a single paisa was proved against the PML-N government. He also said that the Zardari government was not obeying the orders of Supreme Court. Yet, it has failed to bring back former chairman Ogra Touqir Sadiq, he said. He also said that during elections he will bring to light the names of those who returned Sri Lankan doctors who had come to end dengue virus in Punjab.

The chief minister said the agonising power loadshedding had placed the nation not only in a painful situation, but also brought the country’s economy to the brink of disaster as no-one knew why the people of Punjab were being victimized. He said it was a grave injustice that industries and mills in rest of the country were operating six days a week, but in Punjab only three to four days because of excessive loadshedding. He said that millions of people became unemployed due to energy crisis during the last five years.

PML-N MNA Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhry from NA-49 during his address said more than 80 per cent villages in federal capital are deprived off basic facilities particularly natural gas, drinking water and transports.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

Rs30 billion to be allocated for Metro Bus Service in twin cities

Noor Aftab
Wednesday, June 12, 2013

http://www.thenews.c...-in-twin-cities

Islamabad

Realising the sufferings of thousands of commuters who face inhuman conditions while plying between the twin cities the newly elected PML-N government would allocate a total of Rs30 billion in the annual fiscal budget for launch of Metro Bus Service in the twin cities, the sources said here on Tuesday.

The sources said the Asian Development Bank (ADB) would initially conduct feasibility study of the Metro Bus Service project at the cost of Rs5 billion and the project would be completed under Public Sector Development Project (PSDP).

It is pertinent to mention here that Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif announced launch of Metro Bus Service for twin cities on February 24 this year and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif repeated the same announcement on May 7 during an election rally in Rawalpindi before the general elections.

The sources said the Planning and Development Division would deal with this project and the Punjab government would also play its role in timely completion of the project that may help provide a viable bus service to the commuters who are usually subjected to inhuman treatment at the hands of conductors and drivers of public transport vehicles.

One of the PML-N leaders confided to this correspondent that victory of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf in various national and provincial assemblies seats in Rawalpindi and Islamabad has prompted the PML-N leadership to live up to the expectations of the residents of the twin cities who have been facing various problems including lack of proper public transport system for last many years.

“The Metro Bus Service is a modern system of public transport equipped with the facilities of the 21st century, through which rapid, quality and affordable travelling facilities are made available to the people.

The residents of the twin cities would certainly enjoy a viable public transport system that would help reduce their miseries while plying between the twin cities,” he said.

The official record showed that the ADB prepared a feasibility report and even expressed its willingness to sponsor a rapid bus transit system for Islamabad but the PPP-led government miserably failed to translate this project into reality.

The proposed routes given by ADB included five routes covering 27km including Route-1 (Sector I-11 to Pak Secretariat); Route-2 (G-11 to Secretariat); Route-3 (F-11 to Secretariat); and Route-4 and 5 (I-11 to Secretariat via different roads).

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

Survey for MBS in three cities begins

LAHORE, June 22: As the Punjab government plans to initiate construction work for launching the metro bus system (MBS) in three cities of the province during fiscal year 2013-14, the engineering experts have formally started surveys in Rawalpindi, Faisalabad and Multan, Dawn has learnt.

Former Lahore Transport Company (LTC) chairman Khwaja Ahmad Hassan has been entrusted with the task to get the surveys and designs conducted and proposals submitted to the government in order to start construction work on time.

“Since we plan construction of MBS in three cities on the pattern of Lahore, we have got started mandatory survey,” Hassan told Dawn on Saturday.

Asked about allocation of budget for MBS in the fiscal 2013-14, he said the Rs3 billion subsidy for the public transport sector in the province also included the initial cost of the MBS in three cities. “A full-fledged budget for MBS will be allocated after submission of detailed design and technical and financial proposals.” Talking about proposed routes, he said the service might be launched at Faizabad to Islamabad in Rawalpindi, Khanewal Road in Multan and Jhang Road in Faisalabad.

The former LTC chairman said 19 articulated buses were likely to reach Lahore from China by middle of next month that would be inducted in the existing 45 buses fleet of the MBS.

RESTRUCTURING: The provincial government plans to hire professionals in its various public-sector autonomous agencies.

According to a senior official, the professionals will be hired to head the bodies in order to improve their performance.

http://x.dawn.com/20....cities-begins/

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

Rawalpindi roads not wide enough for Metro buses: expert

Rawalpindi

The city roads are narrow and it is not possible to ply Metro Bus Service on them, said Transport Planning Unit (TPU) Engineer Hamid Khan during his visit to Rawalpindi on Monday.

Moreover, he said, the introduction of Metro buses is not feasible in Rawalpindi as a separate track for them could not be made on the already congested Benazir Bhutto Road. District Regional Transport Authority (DRTA) Secretary Owais Manzoor Tarar was also with him during his visit.

Transport Engineer Hamid Khan specially came to Rawalpindi from Lahore on the orders of Punjab Chief Minister Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif. The Punjab CM is keen to start Metro Bus Service between Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Engineer Hamid Khan will present his initial report to the chief minister on his return to Lahore.

During his visit to Rawalpindi, he said that the plying of Metro Bus Service in Rawalpindi would need high cost as compared to Lahore because no flyover or underpass in Rawalpindi was built as per its requirement. He said that Metro buses need wide roads. Mareer Chowk Bridge, Committee Chowk Underpass, Chandni Chowk Flyover and Sixth Road Flyover were not feasible for plying 18 feet high buses. Secondly, Nullah Leh was the main hurdle because roads could not be widened due to it.

District Regional Transport Authority (DRTA) Secretary Owais Manzoor Tarar told ‘The News’ that Benazir Bhutto Road was the best option to ply Metro buses, but it should be widened, including its flyovers and underpasses. He said that the Metro buses are 18 feet high having around 135 seats.

The Metro Bus Service would be a joint project of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, he said. He said that Punjab Chief Minister Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif was keen to start its service in Rawalpindi and Islamabad soon. “We want to ply Metro buses on Benazir Bhutto Road because most commuters travel on it rather than on Airport Road or other routes,” he said.

Reliable sources disclosed that the much-awaited Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro Bus Project might be launched in November for which Rs30 billion had been allocated by the federal government. The final feasibility report would be completed by next month and tenders would soon be floated in international media to invite bids for launching the transport system, sources disclosed.

Talking to ‘The News,’ commuters said that a decent government transport service should be launched in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad at the earliest to end the monopoly of powerful private transporters. “The launching of Metro Bus Service in Lahore has created a sense of deprivation among commuters of twin cities. Public here wonder when a similar transport facility will be made available to them to save them from ill-mannered conductors of wagons and mini-buses,” they said.

Muhammad Naveed, a commuter, said that private transporters, taking full advantage of helplessness of commuters, have been demanding fares on their own will. Recently, they observed five-day strike, which crippled the life in the city, while cabbies looted commuters with both hands during the strike. With the launch of Metro Bus Service, the monopoly of powerful public transporters would end, he hoped.

Sana Tanvir, a workingwoman, appreciated the plan to start Metro Bus Service between Rawalpindi and Islamabad. She said that it would ease the difficulties of commuters.

http://www.thenews.c....-buses:-expert

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,392 posts

Monday, 08 July 2013 17:01
Posted by Abdul Ahad

shahbaz-sharif-24.jpgLAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said that a deal has been signed with China for the launch of Metro and Underground (UG) Bus Services in five cities of the province.

Shahbaz said while talking to media in Chinese industrial city of Guangzhou on Sunday evening that the deal with Chinese public construction company will bring revolutionary changes in the communication system.

The Metro Bus and Underground Bus Service deal has been signed for Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, and Rawalpindi, he added.

The Punjab chief minister said while replying to a question that resumption of Nandipur Power Project was another achievement of Punjab government and their China visit had paved way for many projects of power, transport and infrastructure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Metro Bus Service, MBS, Punjab Metrobus Authority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users