Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Islamabad: Sector I-16

* * - - - 1 votes Sector I-16 Sector Housing Development Zone 2 Khayaban-e-Sir Syed Road

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Urban Planning by: [CDA]
Architecture Designed by: N/A
Landscape Designed by: N/A
Consultants:N/A
3D Visualization by: N/A
Developers: CDA/HBFC
Contractors: N/A
Engineers:N/A
Vendors:N/A
Marketed by:N/A
Estimated Cost:N/A
Real Estate Development Type: N/A
Land Use:N/A
Residential Area: N/A
Commercial Area: N/A
Public Building Area: N/A
Green Area: N/A
Graveyard Area: N/A
Total Area:N/A
Location: Khayaban-e-Sir Syed Road, Sector 1-16, Zone II, Islamabad

Render: N/A
Master Plan:N/A
Site Plan:

Islamabad%20-%20Master%20Plan%20-%20I-16

Islamabad%20-%20Sector%20I-16%20-%20Map%

Coordinates:33.593830, 72.931416
Google Image:

Islamabad%20-%20Sector%20I-16%20-%20Sate
Location Map:N/A
Description:N/A

Edited by AreebaBinteChishti, 05 August 2014 - 05:45 AM.
format Updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Development Pix JAN 2007

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

pakfan_2000

pakfan_2000

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
techno bhai wut is da current position of I-16 development? kitna kaam ho chuka hai is sector me?

and also what is the location. i mean how to access it on car? i m asking coz i have a plot there and wul like to visit site when i go to pak in summer.

thanx.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Hey

I went there a year ago. I have a plot there two. The infrastructure work is complete. I need to recheck when they are finally going to do the alotment. I heard something my father mentioned earlier regarding the alotment but it skipped out of my mind. The access was a problem at that time. They were constructing a road from sector I-15, im not sure of its status, but we had to go through a long route via a village located nearby, so quite a twisty turny road it was. But the road was in a good condition. The site is very far from the main city and you need to access first sector I-15 right next to the Kohinoor Mills located at Peshawar road and then if the road which I mentioned is complete you can directly go to I-16. The Rawalpindi bypass road will run next to the I-16 where it will be connected to the proposed extension of the Shahrah-e-Sir Syed, the one running between Isb & Rwp currently. Hopefully once that gets completed then the prices of this sector will go up and this will become an important sector.

I hope u bring a camera too and get us some latest pix of this place.

Regards

Techno Architect

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Islamabad: CDA starts work on Sector I-16 service road

Muhammad Anis
The Capital Development Authority (CDA) on Monday started development work on service road of Sector I-16 on reaching settlement with affected people of the area.

“We have moved heavy machinery to start development work as all arrangements have been finalised to get physical possession of the land falling on right of way of service roads of sectors I-14, I-15 and I-16,” a senior official of CDA told ‘The News’.

A total of 1400 affected people having their land and Built up Property (BuP) would be compensated and they would get alternate plots and cost of land as compensation. “In all 150 more reviewed cases have been added to the existing list of affected people who included in the main award list,” the official said.

The CDA plans to develop 12 kilometres long north and south service roads of three sectors. “We have started the development work from Sector I-16 service road (north) and will move ahead as we get possession of the land,” the official said.

The official said that physical possession of the land falling on right of way of service roads had become a complicated issue but now it had been resolved amicably.

Director Land and Rehabilitation Chaudhry Asadullah Faiz when contacted said they have established a site office near service road of Sector I-16. “The allotment letters of alternate plots will be given to affected people and physical possession for demolition of BuP structure will be secured on the spot,” he said.

He said the development work was started on Monday in presence of representatives of affected people including Raja Zahoor, Nazir Hussain Shah and others. All the affectees would be allotted alternate plots in Sector I-14 as agreed in the compensation package.

http://www.thenews.c...l.asp?id=104258

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Islamabad: Development work in Sector I-16 reviewed

ISLAMABAD: A meeting of the sub-committee of the Senate Functional Committee on Government Assurances was held on Thursday to consider development work in Sector I-16, with regard to provision of gas and electricity to the sector in addition to construction of roads, drainage and water supply projects.

Sub-Committee Chairman Senator Ch Muhammad Anwar Bhinder observed that a coordinated effort was necessary to put development work back on track, which had been stalled due to certain bureaucratic snags and bottlenecks.

He said the affectees had deposited money for plots 10-12 years ago but they were still waiting to obtain possession. “Things are moving at a snail pace and we must try to help people who are suffering for no fault of their own”, he added.

Earlier, a Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) representative informed the meeting that 100 percent work had been completed in Sector I-16/1 including the installation of electricity poles, whereas 60percent work had been completed in Sector I-16/2. The chairman gave the ruling that the remaining work must be completed by August 31 this year, positively.

The sub-committee directed WAPDA to expedite work relating to the completion of grid stations either from self-finance or by auction of plots within one month.

It said that Rs 350 million needed for the purpose could be easily obtained from the huge amount of Rs 5338 million presently available with CDA for this sector. The sub-committee expressed shock at the fact that WAPDA would take 18 months to complete the grid station. It also took exception to Sui Nothern Gas Pipelines Limited’s (SNGPL) plea of non-availability of land record due to its submission in the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) by the authorities concerned.

It directed that the next meeting scheduled for August 18 be attended by the Inteior Secretary, NAB Chairman and CDA Chairman to sort out the matters hindering the supply of Sui-gas.

It regretted the tendency of shifting the responsibility from one department to another and observed it was precisely due to this reason that the scheme was being affected severely.

It directed the Sui Northern Gas authorities to expedite matters pending with the National Highway Authority (NHA) and Pakistan Railways so that their permission could be obtained for beginning the work.

Senators Liaquat A. Bangulzai, Syed Dilawar Abbas, Muhammad Talha Mahmood and senior officials of CDA, WAPDA and Sui-Gas attended the meeting. app

http://www.dailytime...sp...007_pg11_7

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Work on I-16 Service Road Commences

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Islamabad: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) started the development work on the service road of Sector I-16 of the Federal Capital, it was learnt here on Monday.

The work could be started after the Authority reached an agreement with the affected people of the area. Around 1400 people would be compensated by allotment of alternate plots, an official of CDA said.

The CDA has plans to develop a 12 kilometers long north and south service roads of three sectors, I-14, I-15 and I-16 as it gets possession of the land, it was learnt.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

CDA financial health unlikely to improve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizens show little interest in I-16 plots

* Civic agency has fixed price of plots higher compared to their value in open market

The cash strapped Capital Development Authority (CDA) is unlikely to improve its financial position by sale of plots in sector I-16. The citizens are showing poor interest in these plots because the civic agency has fixed higher price compared to their open market value.

In addition to fixing high price CDA has made mandatory for the applicants to submit 25 percent of total cost of the plot. So far a small number of people have obtained application forms for balloting of Sector I-16 plots from different branches of banks, said officials and real estate business experts while talking to Daily Times on Tuesday.

They said the CDA has fixed 200 square yards (30x60 square feet) plot’s price at Rs 20,00,000 while in open market its price is Rs 13,00,000. They said the authority has fixed the price of 139 square yards (25x50) plot at Rs 13,90,000 while its open market value is Rs 11,00,000. In this sector there are 1,322 housing unites including 646 plots of five marlas and 676 plots of seven marlas. The officials said CDA financial problem would further aggravate, as the authority had spent a huge amount on publishing of application forms and brochures for the balloting of Sector I-16 and advertisement while people are taking little interest in purchase of plots.

They said CDA had faced the same problem in sector I-15 by fixing a high price of flats. Due to high price a large number of applicants who were allotted flats, claimed back their deposited money. The sector I-15 was launched in 2006 to meet the residential needs of the low-income group. In this sector there are 13,500 housing units including 5,500 plots of 5-7 marlas and 8,000 flats of 1,300 sq feet covered area each, they said.

They said due to poor planning the financial crisis in the civic agency was aggravating day-by-day compelling its bosses to shelve projects in pipeline and avoid maintenance work. Due to shortage of funds CDA’s Service Wing has directed the Directorate of Maintenance to entertain only unavoidable complaints regarding maintenance as the CDA’s Finance Wing has released meager funds to the Service Wing for this purpose, they said.

Sources said CDA was left with just Rs 2 billion after using up most of its reserve funds generated from the sale plots of during different auctions and launching of sectors I-14 and I-15. The officials feared that if CDA’s financial health continued to deteriorate in the next few weeks, the ongoing development schemes in the city would come to a halt.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

CDA identifies land for housing in I-16

Sunday, October 18, 2009
Islamabad

The Capital Development Authority has identified land for the Ministry of Housing in Sector I-16 for construction of a number of housing units for the federal government employees.

An official of Pakistan Housing Authority told this agency on Saturday that the ministry was trying to acquire land on fast basis in different areas of the capital to materialise its latest housing project for all.

He said, CDA was requested to identify land for construction of a chain of housing units.

The ministry would weigh its pros and cons, and would later inform the civic body to develop it, he added.

The official further said that about 768 housing units for low paid federal government employees in BPS-1 to BPS-16 would be ready by the end of next year.

Giving details, he said basic infrastructure to a total of 368 D-type and 400 E-type apartments had been laid in Sectors G-10/2 and G-11/3 and their completion would end by next year.

Besides, to accommodate a substantial number of other allottees, construction would be kicked of in latest identified Sector I-16 by the CDA.

CDA would provide basic infrastructure to other identified land in I-16 sector for further accommodation of allottees, he added.

He said, the recent work was being executed from amount collected from the payments made by the allottees through down payments and instalments.

Replying to another question, he said to generate funds for the ongoing and upcoming projects, the ministry would sell out additional housing units to general public at market rates.

Regarding shortage of land area, he said the ministry always looked towards feasible projects, ruling out those areas away from the developed ones and owned by private owners.

About 100,000 federal government employees in the capital have been constantly facing accommodation problems since long as the Ministry of Housing and Works feels itself grappled with thorny issues of land acquisition, litigation, compensation for built up property and paucity of funds.

Accommodation in capital has become costlier with the passage of time, and especially low paid government employees are facing brunt of unchecked surge in monthly rents.

The existing 2,000 residential units owned by the ministry of Housing have already been occupied by the serving employees on turn out and out of turn basis. For many, owning a cost effective residence is still a distant dream.

http://www.thenews.c...l.asp?id=203828

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Allotment of I-16 plots through computerised balloting

ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has decided to allot 1322 plots in Sector I-16 through computerized balloting, sources told Online on Saturday. “The civic agency received 1800 applications in this regard,” They said that date for the purpose was to be announced soon. “Plots of 30x60 and 25x50 sizes would be sold at Rs 1.4 million and Rs 1 million respectively,” they added. online

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
FEB 2010

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Balloting for Sector I-16 plots today

Thursday, February 11, 2010
Islamabad

The balloting for leftover residential plots of Sector I-16 would be held today (Thursday). Infrastructural development of the sector is almost complete except water supply.

According to a senior official of the Capital Development Authority (CDA), computerised balloting will be held at CDA headquarters. The Authority had launched the residential sector in 1992 and allotted plots through balloting but left 20 per cent of the plots for auction. In the wake of severe financial crunch and to mitigate shortage of 50,000 housing units, the CDA high-ups have decided to allot these plots through balloting, the official added.

Due to poor public response, the authority had also reduced the price of five and seven marla plots by 25 per cent from Rs1,390,000/ and Rs2,000,000/ to Rs1,000,000 and Rs1,400,000 respectively.

In total, the CDA allotted 4,274 plots in past through balloting but left 1,319 plots for auction which included 550 plots of 200 sqft and 769 plots of 139 sqft.

According to the official, the water supply network would also be extended to the sector. The allottees would be allowed to construct their houses.

“This sector was purely launched for low income group that is why the CDA created no plot measuring larger than seven marla,” added the official.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Plot balloting, inauguration of water supply project: Fix plot quota for low-income group, PM directs CDA

* Gilani says government mulling over payment for plots to the poor from PM’s grant
* Directs gearing up of efforts for development of new sectors, acceleration of measures to avoid water shortage
* Gas facility for Saidpur village announced

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani on Thursday directed Capital Development Authority (CDA) to fix quota for low-income group in all the new sectors of the federal capital.

The prime minister was addressing the balloting ceremony of Sector I-16 plots and inauguration of Rs 240 million project, 10-km long water conduction for 16 sectors, at the CDA Headquarters. The balloting for 4,274 plots measuring 130 and 200 square yards in Sector I-16 was held on this occasion.

Gilani said the government was evolving a strategy to provide houses to all people, particularly the low-income group on priority basis.

Plan: He said a plan was under consideration to make payment for land purchase of five and seven marlas plots for the poor from Prime Minister’s grant to the parliamentarians.

Gilani said Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government was determined to implement the manifesto of “Roti, Kapra aur Makan” given by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. He said under this strategy, plots measuring five and seven marlas would be given to the poor people on ownership basis.

Gilani said the provincial governments should also launch such schemes and provide credit to the poor people so that they could build their own houses. He said efforts would also be made to provide plots to the low-income group free of cost.

Development: The prime minister also directed CDA to gear up efforts for the development of new sectors and ensure provision of all civic amenities including gas, electricity, parks, schools and hospitals to the residents.

Water: Gilani asked the authority to take measures on war footing to avoid shortage of water in the federal capital. He said there was also a need to give priority to rain harvesting project in the capital territory to ensure food security.

He said the government would provide all resources to the residents of Islamabad for the prevention and treatment of Hepatitis.

Saidpur: The prime minister also announced provision of gas to Saidpur village.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts

Construction of 2,000 flats inaugurated

Federal Minister for Housing and Works Rehmatullah Kakar inaugurated the construction work of 2,000 flats for low-income people in sector I-16 Islamabad.

Pakistan Housing Authority (PHA) is constructing D and E type ground plus nine-storey apartments on an area of 132 kanals for which it has obtained no objection certificate besides acquiring 16 acres land. The project will be completed in three to three and half years.

Addressing the inauguration ceremony, Kakar said the flats were being constructed under federal government’s measures to provide people houses with the latest amenities. The flats at I-16 include kids play area, speed lifts, standby generators, boundary wall, car parking, separate mail box for each flat, security system, jogging tracks and many more, he added.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Add

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,533 posts
Add by Federal Government

Read it closely: For POOR, SHELTERLESS & LOW PAID CITIZEN and the price of each unit starting from 1.1Million/11 Lakh Rupees!

Posted Image

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Surprised to notice that several houses have been constructed in I-16 on Google Earth by the end of 2010.

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Senate body for early completion of I-16 developmental work

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The Senate’s Functional Committee has called for early completion of the developmental work in sector I-16 of the federal capital to enable the allotees to start construction of houses.

Senator Kalsoom Perveen presided over the meeting of the committee at the Parliament House to review the implementation status of various assurances given on the floor of the house from time to time.

Reviewing the implementation status of assurance regarding completion of Shah Allah Ditta water reservoir project, the committee directed CDA chairman and other relevant officials to expedite the pace of work on the project and ensure its completion within the stipulated time.

The work was required to be complete by September 4, 2008, which was delayed due to non-availability of safe possession from sector I-14 to I-16 and problems with NHA along GT Road. The possession from I-14 to I-16 was made available in March 2011 and pipeline has been laid. An amount Rs 1,696,575 was paid to NHA on August 29, 2011 due to revised rates.

The pending work of phase-1 (4.40 Km) has also been awarded to contractor on July 04, 2011 with approval of competent authority. CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi informed to Senate body a sum of Rs 350 million has been paid by CDA to IESCO in April 2008, as full cost of Grid Station. Grid Station has been completed and feeders have also been installed.

Chairman informed that CDA has already paid to SNGLP a sum of Rs 93.17 million in 2005 to develop the infrastructure. Furthermore 75 percent of internal Sui Gas work has been completed and remaining work is in progress along with Civil Works. The work of water supply has been taken up and 85 percent work has already been completed.

Responding to question from member of the committee, CDA chairman said that a proposal was under consideration to develop the sector through a joint venture. He said that there was no proposal under consideration for declaring G-12 sector as a model village. CDA chairman further informed that 99 percent of the developmental work of sector I-16 has been completed, however, work is being carried out to supply natural Gas and electricity to the area by the agencies concerned. He said that the work would be completed by December 31, 2011 if all problems were timely resolved.

The Committee decided to summon SNGPL and IESCO high ups in the next meeting to have a detailed briefing on the progress of the work. The committee assured its support to the CDA and other relevant departments to overcome challenges in the way of projects.

Senators including Hafiz Rashid Ahmed, Sabina Rauf, Abdul Rashid, Surriya Ameerud Din, Abdul Rashid and Mrs. Rehana Yahya Baloch besides Addition Secretary Cabinet, CDA chairman and other officials, attended the meeting.

18/10/2011 Daily Times

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Development work in Sector I-16 in last phase: CDA

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has completed more than 90 percent of the development work in Sector I-16 and the allottees have started construction of their houses in the area, said CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi on Thursday.

He was briefing members of Senate Standing Committee headed by Senator Kulsoom Parveen during their visit to inspect the development work in the Sector I-16 on Thursday.

Member Engineering, Syed Ibrar Hussain Shah, Member Estate, Khalid Mehmood Mirza and other senior officers of the authority were also present on the occasion along with worthy officials of other relevant government departments including IESCO and SNGPL.

The chairman apprised the members of standing committee that development works including road infrastructure, water supply, sewerage and other allied facilities were in progress simultaneously and would be completed within six months.

He said CDA had completed the lying of water supply lines within the sector in addition to the rapid progress on the Shah Allah Ditta Water Supply Project. He said CDA would install three news tube wells in the sector in addition to the water supply to be provided from the Khan Pur Dam. He said a vast majority of people had already been given possession of the plots in this sector and construction of the houses has commenced.

Elahi said that CDA was focusing on the development of the stalled sectors in addition to launching new housing projects to overcome the shortfall of the residential units in the federal capital. He said that they had revisited the priorities for development and focus was being given to addressing the basic issues of the residents. He apprised the senators that despite the financial constrains, effort was being made for early completion of the projects.

The members of the standing committee appreciated the efforts of CDA and directed to further expedite the development work to facilitate the allottees of Sector I-16. The senators appreciated the efforts of CDA Chairman and his team for completing the development schemes and launching new housing sectors in city.

Daily Times 25/11/2011

Kashmir

Kashmir

Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Senate body seeks report on Sector I-16 within three days

ISLAMABAD: The Senate Functional Committee on Government Assurances on Tuesday sought report regarding non-provision of electricity to Sector I-16 by Ministry of Water & Power within three days and directed IESCO and CDA officials to settle the issue within three days.

The Senate body met here in the Parliament House under the chairpersonship of Kulsoom Parveen. Members of the committee Sabina Rauf, Hafiz Rasheed Ahmed and Muhammad Ali Durrani were also present.

The officials from CDA told the committee that development work pertaining to roads and allied work in I-16 have been completed and work on 1150 Rft of S.R (South) 2nd carriage way is incomplete due to possession issue.

He informed the committee members that the remaining development work on road infrastructure, sewerage and other allied facilities is in progress and will be completed within six months.

He said that water lines within the sector have been laid, while work on the supply of water is remaining.

He said CDA paid Rs 350 million to IESCO in April 2008 as full cost of Grid Station. Construction of Grid Station has been completed and CDA paid Rs 59.84 million to IESCO as full payment of External Electrification in 2005 and IESCO is demanding Rs 65.903 million more on original work already paid by CDA.

The official from IESCO said that IESCO processed the case on the request of CDA and approved the electrification schemes for Sector I-16 and the load of the sector is 18.3 MW.

The committee also expressed its concerns about wrong presentation by IESCO and warned that WAPDA should settle the issue within the next three days. app

Daily Times 30/11/2011

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sector I-16, Sector, Housing Development, Zone 2, Khayaban-e-Sir Syed Road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users