Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lahore: Multan Road

* * * - - 1 votes Multan Road Thokar Niaz Beg Chowk Chouburji Habib Construction Services Thokar Niaz Baig

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Road projects for Lahore district

Lahore—Detailed engineering design for improvement and renovation of existing dual carriage of Multan road, Lahore would be undertaken during the fiscal year 2009-2010.

According to budgetary documents, Punjab government has allocated an amount of Rs 10 million in the budget for the next fiscal for feasibility study and detailed engineering design of the project while an amount of Rs 57 million is projected to be spent in this regard during the fiscal 2010-2011.

As many as 16 other road projects are included in the budget for the next year under Midterm Development Framework (MTDF) for district Lahore.

An amount of Rs 10 million will be spent on feasibility study and detailed designs/engineering of provision of Viduct elevated three/four lanes including one emergency auxiliary lane) on Ferozepur road tentatively from Qadafi stadium to MAO college (8km) and MAO College to jail Road Underpass(6km) during the next fiscal. An amount of Rs 56 million have already been spent in this regard while Rs 191.50 million are projected to be earmarked for it in the budget for fiscal 2010-2011. As many as 14 other road projects are included in the budget for the next year under Midterm Development Framework (MTDF) for district Lahore.

The on-going project of Ferozepur road from Khaira distributary to Kahana (Phase1),work on which is continuing for last five years, would be executed during the fiscal 2010-11. The total cost of the project is 1,205.46 million while an amount of Rs 1000.28 million have been spent with Rs 125 million allocated for it in the budget for next fiscal and Rs 80.174 million projected to be spent during the fiscal 2010-2011. An amount of Rs 250 million has been allocated for on-going project of road from Canal View Housing Society through Government Engineer Academy to Multan road. The total cost of the project is 1,273.23 million with Rs 851.39 million to be spent till the end of current fiscal while Rs 171.83 million are projected to be allocated in the fiscal for 1010-11.

The on-going project of rehabilitation of defence road from LMQ road to Niaz Beg Raiwind road would be completed during the next fiscal .An amount of Rs 104.78 million would be spent on it by the end of the current fiscal while Rs 38.37 million have been allocated for the next fiscal.The total cost of the project is 143.158 million. An amount of Rs 140 million has been allocated in the budget for 2009-2010 for on-going project of construction of 4-lane Lahore Wagha road. The project include facility from Daroghanwala to Wagha border with service road and drain in the build up area. Total cost of the project is Rs 1,341.22 million while Rs 1,081.40 million have already been spent with Rs 119.818 million projected to be allocated during the fiscal 2010-11. Other road projects of Lahore district for which allocations have been made in the budget include construction/widening of road from Lahore Ferozepur road Kahana to Haloki along both side of Butcher Kahana Distributary; widening of road from Kahana Kacha approach road to Raiwind City along main railway line; improvement of road along Lahore Branch canal from Thokar Niazbeg to Defence road; widening/improvement of Kamahan Lidher road ;widening improvement of road from Jallo more to river Ravi Siphan; Widening improvement of road from Kahna Nau to Kahna Kacha Railway crossing’ widening /improvement of Thokar Raiwind road; rehabilitation of road from Sahadara Chowk to Begum Kot.—APP

http://pakobserver.net/200906/24/news/Lahore02.asp

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
NESPAK gets road renovation
project
NESPAK has been awarded supervisory
consultancy services for Greater Thal
Canal Command Area Development
Project (Phase-I). The project envisages
development of 725 watercourses in five
years. Initially, the earthen watercourses
shall be developed and allowed to
function for 1 to 2 years before their lining.
Major responsibilities include review of
surveys and design, quality control,
verification of materials used in civil works
and preparation of periodic progress
reports. Total project cost is Rs. 1,995
million.
Water & Sanitation Agency (WASA),
Lahore engaged NESPAK for carrying out
resident construction supervision of its
three projects in Lahore in April 2009.
The first project is: Area Drainage Scheme
for M.M. Alam Road, Shumsuddin Road,
Guru Mangat Road and Makkah Colony
upto Satto Katla drain. The project has
been divided into 11 parts and will be
completed in six months at a cost of
Rs. 280 million.
The second project which is: Laying of
Trunk Sewer from Shadipura to Salamatpura
will be completed at a cost of
Rs. 751 million.
The third project is: Resident construction
supervision of 32 schemes for reduction of
stagnation period of rainwater at Sore
Points/Ponding Areas in Lahore. The
project comprises laying of new sewer
lines, construction of lift stations and
improving existing disposal stations at a
cost of Rs. 687 million.
NESPAK has been awarded design and
construction supervision of improvement/
renovation of existing dual carriageway of
Multan Road from Thokar Niaz Baig to
Chauburji, Lahore, which is presently in an
extremely dilapidated condition. The new
proposed section comprises 3-lane dual
carriageway along with service roads on
either side. Estimated cost of the project is
Rs. 15 billion.

Source: http://www.nespak.co...l-Jun--2009.pdf

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Multan Road construction project approved
Thursday, September 10, 2009
By Our Correspondent

LAHORE

THE City District Government, Lahore, has approved the plan for construction of 11-kilometre road from Chauburji to Multan Chungi, which also includes an underpass and an overhead bridge.

This was announced in a meeting chaired by Lahore Commissioner Khusro Pervez here on Wednesday.

The commissioner was informed that an underpass would be constructed at Morr Samanabad and an overhead bridge would be constructed at the Scheme Morr.

He was further informed that service lanes would also be constructed along with the road with the latest street lights while speed guns and cameras would be installed.

The commissioner directed the officials concerned to lay down a new sewer system at both sides of the road keeping in view the needs for the next 20 years. The project would help reduce traffic mess on the Multan Road.

Link: http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=197604

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Near Scheme More OCT 2009

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
NOV 2009

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
NOV 2009

Imagine why these roads never get the attention. Imagine why does the Main Boulevard roads is so well maintained and gets upgraded annually why this road is still as it is since decades!

Posted Image

Waqar

Waqar

Chief Minister

• Community Team
  • 3,265 posts
Multan Road Project to start next year

LAHORE - After the project of Lahore Ring Road (LRR), another brainchild of Sharif brothers ‘Multan Road Project’ pending since 1988, is likely to start in January 2010. The project will cost Rs 7.4 billion.
The PML-N government has handed over the Multan Road Project to LRR (Project Management Unit) to re-launch the much-delayed construction of main artery of the City.
Construction cost of the Multan Road Project has increased 600 per cent after expenditure shot up from Rs 1.5 billion to Rs 7.4 billion due to its delay over the last 12 years. Multan Road was initially planned to be widened to six-lane dual carriageway with inclusion of underpasses at Samanabad Chowk, Yateem Khana Chowk and an overhead bridge at Scheme Mor. However, the NESPAK called the widening of the road as unviable and opposed the construction of underpasses and overhead bridge.
Under the technical intricacies, the government has dropped the extension plan and excluded the underpasses and overhead bridge from the project. Now, Multan Road will be remodelled instead of being widened. The City District Government Lahore (CDGL) with the help of the National Logistic Cell (NLC) has already carried out patch-up work of the road at the cost of Rs 22.54 million in 2008.
The Environment Protection Department (EPD) officials told The Nation that remodelling of Multan Road would ease the traffic pressure from other roads, especially Canal Bank Road, Wahdat Road and subsequently Ferozpur Road, but if the road would be reconstructed without underpasses or flyovers it would make the situation worse.
They maintain that Multan road is important for the local traffic as it connects one corner of the City (Raiwind) with the other (Azadi Chowk). It also provides a direct link to the motorway via Bund Road. In a routine day, it takes almost one and a half hours to reach Chauburgi from Thokar, while traffic mess doubles this time.

http://www.nation.co...start-next-year

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Posted Image

Zain Abbass

Zain Abbass

Deputy Chief Minister

• Root Admin
  • 2,191 posts
What part of Multan road is this?
Hum Pakistani karna kai chaatein hain? Apnay saath, ish mulk kay saath, aur deen kay saath? - Musharraf

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
The end part, the one more close to Thokar Niaz Beg. It is in the most horrible condition of all.

waseem

waseem

Zila Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

waseem

waseem

Zila Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

waseem

waseem

Zila Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Samanabad Mor flyover plan `shelved`: Multan Road carpeting begins after three years

Carpeting of Multan Road from Samanabad Mor to Bastami Road near Bhalla Stop was started on Sunday, some three years after the strip was dug up to lay sewerage pipes as part of the rehabilitation and remodelling project of the 12.87 kilometres of the thoroughfare, causing doubts about the construction of a flyover at the intersection where traffic jams have become order of the day.

Work on the project was started in the last week of September 2009, over two months after the Punjab chief minister laid the foundation stone of the project and despite the fact that it was declared technically viable some 39 months ago.

Delay in execution of the project has reportedly increased its cost seven times as initially the remodelling of the thoroughfare required over Rs1 billion but now it would take an estimated over Rs7 billion to finish.

A decision to remodel 12.87-km strip of Multan Road, from Chauburji Chowk to Thokar Niaz Beg, was taken at a meeting presided over by then District Nazim Mian Amer Mahmood on July 31, 2007. The project was to be completed at an estimated cost of Rs1.468 billion within six months or so. But, by September 2007, only crushed stone was dumped on the western part of the thoroughfare from Hanjarwal main bazaar to Katar Bund Road Chowk.

Later, the Wasa started work on the first phase of the remodelling of Multan Road by digging up the Hanjarwal-Katar Bund Road strip of the thoroughfare for provision of sewerage and water supply systems on both sides of the carriageway.

Road construction activities were to be undertaken after completion of Wasa work that was suspended for `unavoidable reasons.`

The project was declared technically viable by the district nazim at a meeting on Jan 17, 2008. Work on the project began but at a snail`s pace and continued only for a couple of weeks.

Reviewing the construction of Multan Road, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had on Dec 22, 2008, directed the officials concerned to make it a three-lane signal-free road while keeping in view the future needs.

The Water and Sanitation Agency (Wasa) of the Lahore Development Authority had on May 27, 2009, started digging up Multan Road to lay big sewer pipes. Resumption of work on the thoroughfare had taken the users by surprise when they got stuck up in worst-ever traffic jams from Samanabad Mor to Yateem Khana Chowk in the afternoon.

Wasa completed its job within the stipulated deadline of June 30, 2009, and further work was suspended after carrying out patchwork as the Monsoon had begun.

The chief minister laid the foundation stone of the project on Aug 9, 2009, and said that improvement and rehabilitation of Multan Road would be completed at an estimated cost of Rs7.04 billion within a year.

He had announced that Multan Road would be widened from Thokar Niaz Beg to Chauburji Chowk. He said an underpass would also be constructed at Yateem Khana Chowk and a flyover at Samanabad Mor. He said the work on the project would be undertaken round-the-clock to minimise inconvenience it might cause to the people as well as to streamline the traffic flow.

But Multan Road traders, likely to be affected owing to widening of the thoroughfare, decided to oppose the project. Initially the traders remained peaceful and merely displayed banners against the widening plan but later they started blocking the road by taking out rallies and burning used tyres almost on a daily basis. The situation forced the authorities concerned to shelve the widening plan of the thoroughfare, especially from Yateem Khana Chowk to Chauburji, review it and make it a rehabilitation and reconstruction plan.

Multan Road is an important artery, linking Karachi with Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Goods imported or exported to and from Punjab and KP are transported to Karachi through the road which is also used by commuters leaving or entering the city.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

CM sets Sept 15 deadline for Multan Road project

Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Shahbaz Sharif has given directions regarding completion of Multan Road project by September 15 so that better travelling facilities could be provided to the citizens at the earliest.

The CM said that proper infrastructure was of vital importance for speedy development, therefore, special attention was being paid on the development of this sector.

He said that developmental projects were being completed expeditiously and in a transparent manner across the province while horticulture was also being promoted on these projects.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Construction Pix: SEP 2011

Near Scheme More - Such a wide asphalt road with no greenbelt or provision for trees.

Posted Image

Kharak Stop - Overhead pedestrian bridge with no provision of ramp for special people/handicapped or the adults (however in comparision, the overhead bridge at Jail Road infront of Kinnaird college was provided with a ramp - why such a difference? is it because of the location?)

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Construction Pix: 2011

Courtesy: Habib Construction Services

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Construction Pix: 2011

Courtesy: Habib Construction Services

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Multan Road, Thokar Niaz Beg Chowk, Chouburji, Habib Construction Services, Thokar Niaz Baig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users