Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lahore: Minar-e-Pakistan & Iqbal Park (Minto Park)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Designed by: Naseer-ud-din Murat Khan
Construction Date: N/A
Completion Date: 1968
Client: Pakistan Day Memorial Committee
Contractors: N/A
Building Type: public monuments
Building Usage: symbolic structure
Height: 60m

Render: N/A
Description: The Minar-e-Pakistan or "Pakistan Day Memorial" has been erected as a monument in commemoration of the Lahore Resolution in Iqbal Park. This is the site where in 1940 the Muslim League held its historic 34th annual session and demanded a separate homeland for Muslims.

The base of the tower is raised approximately 4m. from the ground. It rises up to approximately 13m. forming a sculpted, flower-like base. From this point it tapers as it rises. The base platform is shaped like a 5-point star and it encloses crescent shaped pools.

The overall height of the monument is approximately 60m. It is constructed in re-inforced concrete, all poured in-situ. The floors and walls are rendered in stone and marble.

The Minar-e-Pakistan or "Pakistan Day Memorial" has been erected as a monument in commemoration of the Lahore Resolution in Iqbal Park. This is the site where in 1940 the Muslim League held its historic 34th annual session and demanded a separate homeland for Muslims.

The base of the tower is raised approximately 4m. from the ground. It rises up to approximately 13m. forming a sculpted, flower-like base. From this point it tapers as it rises. The base platform is shaped like a 5-point star and it encloses crescent shaped pools.

The overall height of the monument is approximately 60m. It is constructed in re-inforced concrete, all poured in-situ. The floors and walls are rendered in stone and marble.

(Source: AKTC)

-----------

YADGAR-I-PAKISTAN

Yadgar-i-Pakistan (Pakistan Day Memorial) is a minaret which was made to commemorate the day when the Pakistan resolution was passed on March 23, 1940. The main tower of this memorial was completed on March 22, 1968. The location was first known as Minto Park. It was here that the historic session of the All-India Muslim League was held. The minaret took about eight years to complete, at an estimated cost of Rs. 500,000.

In 1960 the Muslim League leaders impressed upon the local authorities the need for building a memorial. The governor of West Pakistan, Akhtar Hussain, issued an appeal to the public for contributions for constructing the memorial. He also constituted a memorial committee and a memorial fund for collecting donations from philanthropists. Murat Khan, a Turkish architect, designed the memorial. The governor laid the foundation stone of the memorial on March 23, 1960.

The tower rises above a platform shaped like a five-pointed star. The terrace is three feet from ground level, the platform's height is about six feet, and the star platform is about 12 feet high. It is surrounded by two crescent-shaped pools, four feet deep and lined with green and red marble. The tower has a spring shaped hall spanned by arches. The rostrum facing Badshahi mosque is a quadrant constructed with Mughal patterned tiles. The circular diameter of the tower is 320 feet. The petals, 30 feet high, look like a blooming flower. The total height of the structure is 203 feet from ground level. On the marble slabs of the central shaft are inscribed a brief history of the Pakistan Resolution in English, Urdu and Bengali, the 99 names of God and verses of Allama Iqbal. The tower has 10 vertical covering slabs interlaced with flower petals and glazed cement domes, with a sightseeing platform and a central spiral staircase.

The design of the base and the first four platforms depict the history of the Pakistan Movement through architectural symbols. Rough stones and cement have been haphazardly laid representing the chaotic conditions and the lack of direction in the early stages of the freedom movement of the Indian Muslims. The stones used for the first platform are rough Taxila stones. Hammer-dressed stones are used on the second platform. On the third platform are laid chiselled stones, while the fourth and final platform is of highly polished marble, symbolizing the ultimate success of the freedom movement.

The dome is of stainless steel inlaid with fine glass pieces. Up to the dome there are four stages spread over 162 stairs. The last stage offers a panoramic view of Lahore and its skyline. The locality of the memorial has been highlighted with well planned parks. Eight marble fountains on the main access add to the beauty of the memorial, emitting watery rainbows with the help of multicolored lights.

Pix:

FEB 2008

View from the roof top of Sheesh Mahal, Lahore Fort

Lahore%20-%20Minar-e-Pakistan%20-%20Exte

Lahore%20-%20Minar-e-Pakistan%20-%20Exte

Site Plan: N/A
Coordinates: 31.5925062,74.3094849
Google Image: Image

Edited by Mehdi Chohan, 27 July 2014 - 12:02 PM.
Info Updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Jilawatan

Jilawatan

Dictator Sahib

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
Posted Image

Guest_Zaid Nizami_*

Guest_Zaid Nizami_*
  • Guests
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

------------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
Posted Image

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Ibrahim_Munir

Ibrahim_Munir

Zila Nazim

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
I have been here once when i was a child. still remember it.. i was very much impressed with it..
Best Regards

Ibrahim Munir
Doha, QATAR

Muti ul haq

Muti ul haq

Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_henna noman ..._*

Guest_henna noman ..._*
  • Guests
I went around July 2007 ... Really do mis bein thr ... So jus wnted to share ma wrk :) ... Hope u guys lyk it :unsure: ... It was taken jus b4 Maghrib tym with a *Sony, Cyber-shot, DSC-T50, but only 7.2 mega pix* .....

Attached Files

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
Thanks for sharing!

We would like to see more pix from you!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Courtesy: APP Photographers

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
Renovation Work MAR 2008

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
MAR 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
NOV 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:dots:

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,539 posts
JAN 2010

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users