Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multan: Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4)

M-4 Motorway Faisalabad-Multan Motorway Faisalabad District Multan District Gojra District Khanewal District

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!

Designed by: N/A
Contractors: N/A
Infrastructure Type: Motorway
Construction Date: N/A
Completion Date: N/A
Length: N/A km
Area: N/A Acres

Render: None

Description:

M4
Length 243 km
Direction North - South
Start Faisalabad
Primary destinations Jhang, Toba Tek Singh, Khanewal
End Multan
Construction dates -
Major junctions N5

Route

The M4 will begin at the termination of the M3 at the Sargodha Road Interchange. It will continue on a southwest course connecting the cities Chiniot, Faisalabad, Jhang, Gojra, Toba Tek Singh, Shorkot, Talamba and Khanewal. Once at Khanewal, it will merge onto the N5 temporarily until the M5 is complete.

History

Junctions & Interchanges
M4 Motorway
Southbound exits Junction Northbound exits

FAISALABAD%20MULTAN%20MOTORWAY%20MAP.gif

Prime Minister of Pakistan perform the inauguration of the first phase of M-4 (Faisalabad-Multan Motorway) on Wednesday August 19′ 2009. First phase of M-4 is, 54 kilometers from Faisalabad to Gojra the remaining three phases are, Gojra to Shorkot, Shorkot-Khanewal, and Khanewal to Multan, and it will be completed in three years. Construction work would be started simultaneously. The expected cost of M-4 project is around Rs.40 billion.

The completion of Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4) will provide a short access to Multan and other big cities. This will be a four-lane motorway with a six lane structure, which can be converted to six lane whenever needed. The total length of the Faisalabad-Multan Motorway is 233 kilometers which has been divided into four sections of Faisalabad- Gojra section (58 kilometers), Gojra-Shorkot section (61 kilometers), Shorkot-Din Pur-Khanewal section (65 kilometers), and Khanewal-Multan section (65 kilometers), whereas, two large bridges will be constructed on River Ravi and Shadhnai Channel.

Site Plan: N/A
Google Image: N/A

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
You could have added all the technical details, except for the news, by editing the first post.

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts

4 interchanges include in Multan-Khanewal motorway project. These interchanges will be construct at these points:

1- Interchange on Multan-Shujabad road near Hamid pur kanora
2- Interchange on Multan-Bahawalpur road
3- Interchange on Multan-Vehari road
4- Interchange on Multan-Khanewal road near tatypur

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts

Motorway M4 route:

Start Point: Kamal Pur near Faisalabad (End Point of M3)

Crosses north side of Gojra and Toba Tek Singh

Passes almost midway between Shorkot City and Shorkot Cantt

Crosses River Ravi between Old Sidnahi and New Sidnahi Barrage

Crosses midway between Khanewal-Kaberwala Road

Endpoint: N5 Khanewal

At Khanewal N5, its salient features were:

Length: 184km
Lanes:4
Speed: 120km/h
ROW:100m
Interchanges:11
Flyovers:25
Bridge on Canal and drains: 20
Subways/underpasses: 120
River Ravi Bridge:1
Sidnahi Channel Bridge:1

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
PM lays foundation-stone of Multan-Khanewal Motorway section

MULTAN, Oct 1 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Saturday performed ground breaking of Multan-Khanewal section of M4 (Multan-Faisalabad) Motorway project, to be built at a cost of Rs 12.9 billion, which would prove to be a gateway of South Punjab development.The foundation-laying ceremony of 57-kilometre long section of M4 was held at Billiwala area, some 20 kilometres away from here where the Prime Minister also addressed the biggest ever public meeting in South Punjab, which according to PPP leaders was attended by around 100,000 people from across the whole area.

The project is expected to be completed in three-year period. However, according to Federal Minister for Communications Arbab Alamgir, hectic efforts would be made to complete it within two years.
The Prime Minister said the motorway would be extended up to Muzaffargarh and then up to Sindh via Lodhran and Bahawalpur. He said the project would revolutionize agriculture, trade and industrial operations and create numerous jobs for the unemployed skilled youth. It would bring South Punjab at par with the developed area of province, he added.

The motorway will significantly reduce travelling time. The travelling time between Faisalabad and Multan will be reduced from four to two-and-a half hours while that between Multan and Rawalpindi will be decreased by 90 minutes.

Arbab Alamgir said that the National Highway Authority (NHA) had launched road infrastructure projects worth Rs 15 billion in South Punjab. The M4 was a step forward to building a national trade corridor upto Iran, Afghanistan, and China.

NHA Chairman Syed Mohammad Ali Gardezi gave a detailed briefing to the Prime Minister on the project.
The 241-kilometre long four-lane motorway project will be completed at a cost of over Rs 47 billion with the financial hlep of the Government of Pakistan, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Islamic Development Bank (IDB).
This motorway has been divided into four sections including Faisalabad-Gojra (58 km) for which the Prime Minister had already performed ground breaking and work was in progress.

Other sections include Gojra-Shorkot section (62 km), Shorkot-Deenpur-Khanewal section (64 km), and Khanewal-Multan section (57 km). Two big bridges will be built on the motorway at the points including the Ravi River and Sidhnai channel besides 16 interchanges, as many fly-overs, and 20 under-passes.

The extraordinary project is believed to pace up social and economic development besides accelerating the industrial wheel to open up new windows of earning opportunities to the unemployed skilled youth of South Punjab.

The modern highway will also promote agri-business in the agriculture rich area that will compete the other developed areas of the country after the implementation of PMs mega development package.

Faisalabad-Multan motorway construction is the part of a dynamic national trade corridor programme to link South Punjab with other motorways.

Pakistan has a 12,000-kilometre network of highways comprising motorways, national highways, expressways, and strategic roads, however, they are only 4.6 per cent of the total road network that runs through this area, NHA officials said. But, around 80 per cent of commercial traffic utilizes this network of highways for speedy transportation of trade goods.

Pakistan First !!!!....

(چهار چيز است تحفه در مولتان.....گرد وگرما گدا و گورستان)

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Posted Image

Pakistan First !!!!....

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
It is a wonderful news and we would like to see this project get completed from the Faisalabad to Khanewal side as well. It has been a long time since we have waited to go to Multan on a fast and time saving highway.

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The Islamic Repuclic of Pakistan has granted a loan from Islamic Development Bank (IDB) towards the construction of 4-Lane Motorway (M-4 Extension) from Khanewal to Multan (57 km approximately).

The project will be governed by the National Highway Authority of Pakistan and the estimated time for completion is given as 1095 days (36 months).

The length of project is computed as 57 km. Including start and end, there shall be 5 interchanges in all. En-route, the Alignment crosses Multan – Karachi main railway tracks, where a flyover shall be provided. There are number of villages and cultivated land adjacent to the designed alignment. Culverts for water courses / minor canals and subways / underpasses on existing links between city and villages have been provided.

Pakistan First !!!!....

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
M-4 Faisalabad-Multan

Posted Image

M-4 Multan-Khanewal Section

Posted Image

Pakistan First !!!!....

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
Ive seen the road layout they have done from the end of M3 at Faisalabad going to Gojra. The work has not progressed further from layout out foundation bed for the M4.
Daewoo bus service uses the route parrallel to M4 from Faisalabad downwards.

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
The Executive Board in its meeting accorded approval of award of works to M/s NESPAK for consultancy services for design review and construction supervision of four-lane Multan-Khanewal Motorway (57 km) at cost of more than Rs. 287 million. The project is underway with assistance of Islamic Development Bank.

Pakistan First !!!!....

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Location of Interchanges at M-4 Multan-Khanewal Section

Posted Image

A = LMQ/Khanewal Road (N-5)
B = Tatypur Road
C = Vehari Road (Multan-Dehli Road)
D = Bhawalpur Road
E = Shuja-Abad Road

Pakistan First !!!!....

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
While going back from Gojra to Faisalabad, via a bypass, I saw M4 section under development near the end of M3.
As I was driving, so couldnt take pix. Work was halted due to eid holidays but didnt see much machinery on this end.

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
MULTAN National Highway Authority Chairman Muhammad Ali Gardezi disclosed on Monday (27/02/2012) that a Turkish company would start work on Motorway (M-4, Multan-Khanewal Section) from March as Islamic Development Bank had released funds worth Rs. 1 billion for the project.

Talking to the journalists after a meeting to review the development projects of South Punjab region, he added that the Multan-Khanewal Motorway project was equally split into three 19-kilometer portions to accomplish it in time. He added that Turkish company’s machinery was unloaded at Karachi Dry Port.

He dispelled the impression that the design of Motorway was changed because of political pressure. “It’s just rumours. The project will be done according to its original design,” he added. To a query, he said that the all development projects of South Punjab would be accomplished even if Yousuf Raza quit the prime minister office.

He disclosed that work on Rasheedabad flyover had begun while the tenders for Chungi No-6 and Gol Bagh flyovers had been released. He added that land acquiring for the abovementioned projects was underway.

Pakistan First !!!!....

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Under construction M4 motorway can be seen on google earth on Bahawalpur Road (N-5) near Billiwala/Ismail Shah Wala, it can also be seen northwest of Gojra.

Land acquisition for the Faisalabad-Gojra section is 100% complete and gound levelling is being done.

Pakistan First !!!!....

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts

Under construction M4 motorway can be seen on google earth on Bahawalpur Road (N-5) near Billiwala/Ismail Shah Wala, it can also be seen northwest of Gojra.

Land acquisition for the Faisalabad-Gojra section is 100% complete and gound levelling is being done.

I often use the road parrallel to M4 from Faisalabad-Gojra section. Many culverts have been made over drains but the work seems to have stopped for more than one year. Since Im driving its difficult to take the pix. Once completed till Gojra, my village will be easily accessible and I can directly go there via M2/M4/M4!

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Islamabad—Minister for Communications Dr. Arbab Alamgir Khan Tuesday issued directives for acceleration of land acquisition process to ensure timely completion of Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4).

While presiding over a high-level progress review meeting regarding M-4 here the minister said that any delay in this regard will not be tolerated and some specific date may be given to contracting firms for strict compliance of mobilization at sites.

The meeting was also attended by Chairman National Highway Authority (NHA), Additional Secretary Ministry of Communications Amjad Nazir, project related officers and representatives of Chinese and Turkish firms.

Addressing the meeting the minister termed the M-4 project of prime national importance.

This mega project, he added, is planned under National Trade Corridor (NTC) programme with the financial assistance of Asian Development Bank and Islamic Development Bank.

M-4 will ease traffic load on economic lifeline of the country Great Trunk road (N-5) as it will reduce distance between Khanewal and Pindi Bhattian by about 150 km thereby resulting into huge savings in fuel and vehicle operation cost.

He said that this gigantic project will open new avenues for development of the area during construction phase.

The minister was informed in a briefing that the project has been divided into four sections for speedy execution which include Faisalabad-Gojra section (58 km), Gojra-Shorkot section (62km), Shorkot-Khanewal section (64 km) and Khanewal-Multan section (57 km).

He was informed that 96 per cent land acquisition work has been completed on Shorkot-Gojra section while land acquisition of Shorkot-Khanewal section is under progress.

Khanewal-Multan section will be funded by IDB while the other three section will be completed with ADB loan amounting to US $ 90 million.

Fifteen interchanges and 23 flyovers/underpasses are part of the project. Two major bridges on Ravi river and Sidhnai canal will also be built.

The project is scheduled to be completed by December next year

Pakistan First !!!!....

Azhar Ul Islam

Azhar Ul Islam

Naib Tehsil Nazim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Arbab reviews progress on M-4 project

June 14, 2012 BUSINESS RECORDER REPORT

Dr Arbab Alamgir Khan has urged the NHA officials to utilise all possible resources to ensure timely completion of Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4). He asked the officials to maintain active co-ordination with the Chinese and Turkish firms that are carrying out construction work so that the project could be completed timely.

He expressed these views while presiding over a high-level meeting convened to review progress on the project here on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by Minister of State for Communications Mir Dost Muhammad Mazari, Federal Secretary Communications Anwar Ahmad Khan, Parliamentary Secretary Communications Chaudhry Saeed Iqbal and other high officials.

Chairman NHA Syed Muhammad Ali Gardezi while briefing the meeting said that Faisalabad-Gojra Section of the Motorway was entrusted to China International Water and Electric Corporation. The construction work took off on February 25, 2010 and would be completed by December 31, 2013.

He elaborated that the project's Khanewal-Multan Section was being completed with the aid of Islamic Development Bank and work on the section started on December 2011 and the project had been awarded to a joint venture of a Turkish and a Pakistani firm. The Chairman said that tenders for Gojra-Shorkot Section would be floated soon. He said that 241-km long Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4) would have 16 interchanges, two large bridges and 23 flyovers.

Pakistan First !!!!....

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
In how many years are they really planning to get this project constructed and completed? It will take nearly 3 years or more to get a 58km Fsd-Gojra section to be completed. These projects should be completed with a good pace and as a priority!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 15,916 posts
Multan: Faisalabad-Multan Motorway (M-4) - (Faisalabad-Gojra Section)

Construction Pix: MAR 2012

Courtesy: SSC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M-4, Motorway, Faisalabad-Multan Motorway, Faisalabad District, Multan District, Gojra District, Khanewal District

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users