Welcome to .::UrbanPK::.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Karachi: Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP)

* * * * - 1 votes Jurong Consultants NESPAK KCIP Korangi National Industrial Parks Industrial Park Industrial Development

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

Arkitect I Urbanist I Photographer I Cyclist

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
  • Interests:Arkitechture, Photography, Bicylcing, Net Surfing!
Master Plan &Design Concept: Jurong Consultants (Singapore)
Architectural & Engineering Drawings: NESPAK
Date of Commencement: September 2006
Date of Completion: 2025
Developers: National Industrial Parks
Contractors: N/A
Marketed by: N/A
Estimated Cost: N/A
Real Estate Development Type: Industrial Park
Land Use: Mix-Use Development
Residential Area: N/A
Commercial Area: N/A
Public Building Area: N/A
Green Area: N/A
Graveyard Area: N/A
Total Area: N/A
Location: Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP), Korangi, Karachi

Render:

Karachi%20-%20KCIP%20-%20Render%20-%20DE

Master Plan: N/A

Zoning Map:

Karachi%20-%20KCIP%20-%20Zone%20Map%20-%

Coordinates: N/A

Google Image:

Karachi%20-%20KCIP%20-%20Satelite%20Imag

Location Map:

Karachi%20-%20KCIP%20-%20Location%20Map%

Description: N/A

Model: N/A

Edited by Tekno Arkitect, 17 February 2014 - 05:19 AM.
Info Updated!

fb513ed61e7e4dd39b9dc2d859be413f.gifi.gif?e=eyJhdiI6MjMwMzcsImF0Ijo0LCJjbSI6

'RANA DESIGN CONSULTANTS'
Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Follow us on here and refer us for any design work!

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Industrial park work starts without NOC
By Amar Guriro

Posted Image

KARACHI: The National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (NIP) has started construction on an environmentally controversial industrial park project in Korangi without acquiring a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

For the last one year, the EPA was working on an environmental impact assessment (EIA) for the project. The EIA was conducted by the National Engineering Service of Pakistan (NESPAK) so that the prerequisites for the environmental act of 1997 could be fulfilled. According to law, construction work cannot be started until an EIA is carried out, and an NOC obtained from the EPA.

The EPA has decided to issue the NOC, but has not done so yet, and regardless, the NIP has started construction at the proposed site. The 250-acre project is to be built near Korangi Creek and is located near the southern coastal belt near Gizri Creek, between Pakistan Refinery Limited and the Korangi nullah.

Furthermore, a couple of days ago the EPA asked the general public, legislators, environmentalists, and journalists to submit objection letters to their NOC. The request was advertised in all the national daily papers and May 3 (today) has been set as the hearing date for any objections. The EPA will also provide the EIA for this one-of-a-kind industrial park.

Daily Times visited the project’s construction site Wednesday noon and found that over three dozen laborers were on the ground, some of who were napping in tents. Three big tents, three carriages, and three cranes were also found at the site. Temporary electricity generators were installed for the temporary offices. Next to all of these installments a lot of construction work had already been carried out.

An engineer at the site, Rashid Zafar, mentioned that all this construction happening so far was only being done to construct the necessary infrastructure that is needed to carry out the actual construction.

Environmentalists fear that the solid waste and drainage that these industries will emit will severely affect the ecology of the area. Bhittai Colony, a hugely populated area, is also located near the site, and in addition to that, the project is threatening mangrove forests that are located just a few hundred meters from the proposed site. Rashid Zafar denied that the project will harm the ecosystem. “The plant will treat all the waste that is generated by this industrial park,” he argued.

Experts and environmentalists are of the opinion that the proposed plan would badly affect the forests. Environmentalist Muhammad Ishaq Mangrio said that the ecosystem of these forests would be completely destroyed. “The industrial park will certainly damage marine species which are already decreasing anyway,” he argued.

The proposal for this project states that 14 of the 250 acres provided will be used to actually build on, and the waste from these industries will be treated and disposed off into the Korangi nullah that flows to the sea.
Source: Daily Times

Architecture | Interiors | Landscaping | Construction Management | Professional Architectural Photography

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Project could change flow of Malir River

KARACHI: Experts and environmentalists have predicted that the establishment of this industrial park will change the flow of the Malir River, and the change in flow could damage the city. The proposed industrial park project is located on the edge of the Arabian Sea in Korangi Creek and the 250 acres of land for this proposed industrial park is located at Malir River’s catchment area. A river’s catchment area is the most significant factor in the probability of floods occurring. Although an acute water shortage has converted Malir River into a sewage reservoir, the river helps carry rain water to the Arabian Sea. This rain water is gathered from the catchment area. Muhammad Ishaq Mangrio, an environmentalist, said that if the flow of the river is changed or the catchment area blocked, it could be disastrous because the river may move to other areas to create a path for the rainwater. amar guriro
Source: Daily Times

musiddiqui

musiddiqui

Zila Nazim

• Management
  • 1,677 posts
Posted Image
Ongoing road development at KCIP site

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Site Office construction

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Good updates MuSiddiqui!!!

Keep them coming!!

:D

musiddiqui

musiddiqui

Zila Nazim

• Management
  • 1,677 posts
Korangi Creek Industrial Park opened
Saturday, February 16, 2008
By our correspondent

KARACHI: Governor Sindh Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan inaugurated the Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP), a project undertaken by the National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (NIP), a subsidiary of Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC), on Friday.

“We will make all possible efforts to facilitate both local and foreign businessmen. The industrial progress that Pakistan is making is because of the government’s policy of privatisation and public-private partnership,” said Ishratul Ebad Khan.

Governor Sindh directed the City Nazim of Karachi, Syed Mustafa Kamal, who was present at the ceremony, to lay the main road leading to the industrial park instantly, to facilitate the KCIP project and to support healthy business activities in the area.

The government will try its best to help improve the security of industrial areas which cannot be neglected any further after the chaos of Dec 27, 2007, Ebad added.

“We are striving to support the industrial progress of the country, and to facilitate the businessmen and business activities has been our policy. The govt has been pursuing the policy of creating more and more opportunities for employment and to lessen poverty in the country. One window operation was a far cry in our country, but it is very heartening to see projects like these where one window operation is no longer a dream,” he added.

KCIP is a state-of-the-art project which has been developed with the assistance of the internationally renowned Jurong Consultants of Singapore because of their expertise and wide experience

mounty

mounty

Naib Union Nazim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
any new news........????

how many industries??? opened

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

National Industrial Parks: Building Singapore in Pakistan

It turns out that cutting through red tape is tough even for a government-owned entity.
Industrialists in Pakistan frequently complain of the bureaucratic red tape that forces them to pay bribes for routine tasks and the extraordinarily poor infrastructure quality that raises their costs of doing business.
So when Zubair Habib, himself a member of a family that owns a large industrial conglomerate, was asked by the government to help set up the National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (NIPDMC) – a firm that would create enclaves that would be free from bureaucratic meddling and offer world-class infrastructure – he leapt at the chance. Little did he realise how much frustration he would be taking upon himself.

NIPDMC was created in 2006, as an initiative of then-Industries Minister Jahangir Tareen, himself an industrialist and the owner of JDW Sugar, the largest sugar mill in the country. The plan involved utilising some land owned by the Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (another state-owned entity) in Karachi and building an industrial park that would have state-of-the-art infrastructure.

The company was envisioned as a public-private hybrid. While it is a subsidiary of the PIDC, about 75% of its board members are from the private sector. Its first chairman was Shaukat Tarin, a veteran banker and future finance minister of Pakistan.

In a bid to inculcate market discipline into its capital structure, NIPDMC would be required to raise capital from private investors, for which the company issued a Rs2 billion sukuk (Islamic bond), underwritten by Emirates Global Islamic Bank and covered by a sovereign guarantee.

Yet almost at the outset, the newly-created company began to face challenges.
The land, for instance, turned out to be disputed. The Sindh government claimed that the land had been offered at concessional rates and demanded to be paid the full market price: Rs650 million. This caused the NIPDMC’s plans to come to a complete standstill: if they did not own the land, they could not do anything else.
In August 2006, an agreement was reached with the Sindh government to drop its claims to the land in exchange for a share in NIPDMC’s future profits. But that was not the end of the land saga. It would take almost three years before the land title was finally transferred to NIPDMC in June 2009.

Even once they got the land, they had to persuade the Coast Guard to abandon a watch-post that they had put up on the land.

Up until that time, the NIPDMC management had been working with Sindh government officials to expedite the process and planning the industrial estates that they would create.

NIPDMC commissioned Jurong International – a Singapore-based firm – to create the design and for NESPAK, a state-owned engineering firm, to do the engineering design. By 2009, the power crisis had become acute and the company had decided to offer a dedicated power supply to its customers.
Yet even that turned out to be quite a struggle. It took several months of effort to get the Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) to lay a four-kilometre pipeline to the site of the estate in Karachi (paid for by NIPDMC). The company also had to arrange for a water supply to the estate.
But the NIPDMC management did not want to leave anything to chance. They signed an agreement guaranteeing a supply of 14.7 million cubic feet per day of gas to the estate, most of which will be used to fuel the 48-megawatt captive power plant.
Even still, given the chronic gas shortage in the country, the company has factored in at least a three-month disruption in its gas supply into its pricing of the electricity it will sell to its customers.
And then came the Civil Aviation Authority, which declared that the buildings on the estate could not go above a certain height since it was part of an air corridor. It took negotiations with the CAA management to convince them to allow NIPDMC clients to build up.

In essence, NIPDMC has been doing the run-around on behalf of its clients, and before they launch the park (scheduled to be finished by December 2012.)
Clients certainly seem happy.

“This was the cleanest [bribe-free] interaction I have ever had in Pakistan, which is very unusual,” said Nazim Haji, CEO of Aluplas, an aluminium and plastic cone manufacturer that is looking to expand and has bought a plot at NIPDMC’s park in Karachi.

http://tribune.com.p....e-in-pakistan/

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts
Karachi: Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP)

Pix: DEC 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

First industry to begin construction at Korangi Creek Industrial Park

KARACHI: The ground breaking to precede construction work for the first industry at Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP) is expected to take place in a week’s time as Cantonment Board Korangi Creek (CBKC) is likely to approve construction any day, said a statement on Friday.

Building approval for nine industrial units of different sizes and industrial clusters is awaited, the statement said.

“The project offers entrepreneurs with guaranteed uninterrupted power supply through 48 megawatts captive power plant and all essential utilities like water, gas and telecommunication at their doorstep,” the statement said.

Spreading over an area of 250 acres, the zone is protected with a boundary wall and has a controlled entry and exit system.

To date approximately 75 percent of the total available plots have been sold out while a number of applications are still in the pipeline.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-New...ndustrial-Park

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

KCIP Independent Power Project To Start Production in 2 months

Independent-Power-Producers.jpg

Mohsin Syed, regional director, National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (NIPDMC), has said that Pakistan’s first independent power plant in Korangi Creek Industrial Park, Karachi, will start production in March this year, according to a statement.

Talking to a group of newsmen after meeting of the stakeholders at the Regional Office, he said that this independent power project will start its initial production from 3.5MW and increase it with the demand created by the industrial units being set up at Korangi Creek Industrial Park, while the cost of a unit of electricity would be less than being charged by the Karachi Electric Supply Company.

This independent power project has been built on build, own and operate (BOO) basis, he said, adding that its planning was completed last year and a local company has made an investment in collaboration with a foreign investor, according to the statement. Talking about the Korangi Creek Industrial Park, Syed said that 85 percent infrastructure has already been completed, including roads, sewerage, drainage and water.

Uninterrupted power supply to all enterprises will be assured and they will be facilitated under a one-window operation for their utility requirements, he said, adding that the allotment of industrial plots is being completed in a transparent manner.

Five building plans have been approved by the Korangi Creek Cantonment Board and the construction of these five units will start within this month, said Syed.

He expressed the hope that the Korangi Creek Industrial Park would play a vital role in the industrial development of the country and would generate employment opportunities for 40,000 people directly and more than 200,000 families indirectly.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Korangi Creek industrial park attracts investment

March 08, 2013 - KarachiMulla Ebrahimji Karimbhoy (MEK) has been authorized to start construction of its manufacturing plant at the site of Korangi Creek Industrial Park (KCIP), a state-of-the-art, first-of-its-kind industrial zone.

The Agreement was signed today by Mohsin Syed, CEO of NIP and Yousuf Mohsin, owner of MEK, a professional enterprise involved in the planning, designing, production and sales of banking, office and industrial steel furniture and equipment.

Earlier GETZ Pharma, Mobil Askari Limited, Al-Rehaman Lubricants and Farooq Impex signed License Agreement with NIP and are getting ready to start construction of their manufacturing plant at the allotted site. smile.gif

With the setting up of industrial units at KCIP, which include consumer, food & pharmaceutical, garments/textile, light engineering & packaging & printing, the city of Karachi will enter in to a new era of economic prosperity.

The KCIP project launched by National Industrial Parks Development & Management Company (NIP) through its own window operation system offers entrepreneurs with guaranteed uninterrupted power supply through 48 MW captive power plant and all essential utilities like water, gas and telecommunication at their doorstep. The main attraction of this industrial zone is perimeter wall with controlled entry and exit to the complex spreading over an area of 250 acres at Korangi Creek offering a safe and secure environment to the industrialists. To date approximately 80 per cent of the total saleable plots have been sold-out while a number of applications are still in the pipeline. This shows the confidence that NIP has earned over the years through its hard work, transparent policies and efficient teamwork.

The Park has zones namely Low Density and High Rise. The Low density zones cater for industrial sectors including garments, consumer food, pharmaceutical, value-added garments/textiles, printing/packaging and light engineering. The High Rise zone is reserved for high-rise flattened factories, multi-story office complex for banks, multinationals, corporate sector besides a dedicated Gems and Jewelry workshops and sales center and Information Technology Centre.

Tekno Arkitect

Tekno Arkitect

• Management
  • 16,231 posts

Industrial Parks being set-up to promote exports

ISLAMABAD, Feb 16 (APP): The government is setting up two Industrial Parks in Karachi and Lahore for textile and engineering equipments to promote country’s exports. The first- called Korangi Creek Industrial Park-is being set up in Karachi while Rachna Industrial Park is being established at Sheikhupura Road, Lahore by National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (NIPDMC).

Official sources at NIPDMC on Sunday said, in addition, the government of Punjab initiated a project close to Lahore on motorway. This project is called Punjab Garment City Industrial Estate and would provide an opportunity to garment industries for taking advantages of the GSP+ facilities.
Highlighting the details of proposed Industrial Parks and Estate Zones, the sources said in Korangi Creek Park, the garments and value added textiles clusters in Low Density Zone (LDZ) is consisted of around 19 acres which is 18 per cent of the total saleable area of 103 acres.
They said this cluster has been successfully sold to industrialists who would be setting up manufacturing units in the weaving, garments and home textile sectors etc.
Light engineering cluster consists of around 26 acres of the total saleable area of 103 acres in the LDZ. This cluster has been successfully sold to auto vendor, lighting equipments, steel fabrication, collapsible tubes and plastic items etc manufacturers.
The sources said Rachna Industrial Park on Lahore Sheikhupura Road is being set-up in area of over 174 acres to accommodate small and medium scale industries, scattered in and around Lahore and adjoining cities of Sheikhupura District for the Light Engineering, Auto parts Industries, Textile and other sectors.
Rachna Industrial Park will be first of its kind, focusing on Light Engineering, Auto Vending Industries in the area because there are around 500 Auto Vendors scattered in and around Lahore and adjoining cities like Gujranwala, Sialkot, Wazirabad and Sheikhupura.
The manufacturers like Honda Atlas, Millat Tractor, Rustam Sohrab Cycle and vendors associated with them are also based on Lahore-Sheikhupura Road.
It will provide an excellent platform for systematic and orderly industrial growth.
Development work at Rachna Industrial Park and its Access Road is in progress and a good interest has been shown by Light Engineering, Auto Parts, Textile and other industries to buy a plot in Rachna Industrial Park to set up units there.
With regard to Garment City, the sources said it is hoped that this industrial estate will get special economic zone status by the federal government.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jurong Consultants, NESPAK, KCIP, Korangi, National Industrial Parks, Industrial Park, Industrial Development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users